I just had a spectacular victory!

On small hills lightly wooded map, my force of 4 cromwell VIs and 2 Challengers managed to destroy 3 king tigers and one jagdpanzer IV without taking any losses! I am so proud of myself! I had the challengers fire at the tirgers from 800m through some trees to distract their attention, while the cromwells used their incredible speed to do a flank attack at 200m. The short 75 on the lead cromwell killed two king tigers! Oh how I love combat mission and how it rewards good tactics! :cool: tongue.gif

Yes it is a great feeling taking out that many tanks without losing even one of yours, well I suppose it's a great feeling. I personally never felt it but hey glad you did. Sounds like I subscribe to zukkov tactic's. That's the real manly way anyway. :D

One of the greatest thrills in my CM career was taking out the veteran Tiger VI (Late) in Last Defense with a bazooka for the first time. :D

My friend, who had sent the Tiger barreling down the road, was quite disappointed by seeing the uber-tank get killed by what he called a "dinky" bazooka.

That is when I knew this game was good. Congrats on your victory.

How about this for exploiting the rotationally-challenged. 2 regular Stuarts in a recent 1500 pt Warfare HQ tournament game, which between them accounted for: (sorry Pixman if you're reading this..)

2x Pz IV/70(V)

2x StuH42

2x Pumas (one shown as unidentified vehicle)

2x 251/1 HTs

2x 75mm Infantry guns

13x infantry casualties

One of the dynamic duo was knocked out right at the end of the game after being immobilised, by a 'faust that crept into the adjoining building then promptly surrendered.. These two Stuarts pretty much won the subsequent Major Victory all by themselves.. smile.gif

web page

Originally posted by Boff:

How about this for exploiting the rotationally-challenged. 2 regular Stuarts in a recent 1500 pt Warfare HQ tournament game, which between them accounted for: (sorry Pixman if you're reading this..)

2x Pz IV/70(V)

2x StuH42

2x Pumas (one shown as unidentified vehicle)

2x 251/1 HTs

2x 75mm Infantry guns

13x infantry casualties

One of the dynamic duo was knocked out right at the end of the game after being immobilised, by a 'faust that crept into the adjoining building then promptly surrendered.. These two Stuarts pretty much won the subsequent Major Victory all by themselves.. smile.gif

web page

Holy Crap.

Yes stuarts can drive circles around slow turreted and especially non turreted axis tanks/TDs.

I once tried to hunt AI stuart in my hetzers 12 aclock position. Stuart just turned and backed away to the side until it hit woods.(hetzer following it with its gun) Then it put on forward gear and raced forwards my hetzer lagging behing again. Now it just raced next to me and shot 37mm through my side hull on full move. Stuart got off about 10 shots during fight. My hetzer got off 0 shots trying to take lead.

I feel in CM there is huge benefit from fast turrets. As slow turreted vehicles will lag behing and never get shot off instead of waiting until target comes in sights.

Also im sure everyone is familiar with Tiger who advances turret pointing rearwards due urge to aim some lonely enemy crewmember while sherman is bouncing rounds off from its rear turret. Most hilarious encounter was the one where my tiger was suprised by stuart from directly behind. Crew decided to rotate hull to left but turret to right!!! it took over 60 seconds for tiger to turn its gun 180 degrees.

Originally posted by illo:

I feel in CM there is huge benefit from fast turrets. As slow turreted vehicles will lag behing and never get shot off instead of waiting until target comes in sights.

Yes, extremly true. Worst of all, the slow turners' TacAI gives up on tracking targets very easily, even a Stuart going highspeed behind a house may be lost before it reappears.

Also im sure everyone is familiar with Tiger who advances turret pointing rearwards due urge to aim some lonely enemy crewmember while sherman is bouncing rounds off from its rear turret. Most hilarious encounter was the one where my tiger was suprised by stuart from directly behind. Crew decided to rotate hull to left but turret to right!!! it took over 60 seconds for tiger to turn its gun 180 degrees.

Usually the Tiger 1 will turn its hull in addition to the turret. But otherwise it is just awful.

Nobody wants to take my PBEM challenge above?