Props to the T-House Crowd

http://thforums.com/CMBO/index.php

I have just taken a look at the TH community forum, and it seems that some of their members have contributed some very useful tactics articles.

What I find exceptional about them, is that they all seem to have a very practical bearing on how to actually play the game.

Sure, you can read Panzers Vorward! until your eyes fade out, but what we are usually lacking is practical application, and how to execute effective tactics.

Now I am still not a fan of ladder play, QB's and the like, but I wanted to give credit where it is due. The articles are a real positive contribution to the overall CM community.

Thanks Guys

Thanks for the kind words.

Just a reminder, there is a website glitch, to see all the tactical articles, you do not only have to follow one link to the Tactics section, you also have to click the "show all articles" link. Sorry for the incovinience.

On the other hand, it probably serves as a basic intelligence test before you reach the goodies :D

Originally posted by redwolf:

Thanks for the kind words.

Just a reminder, there is a website glitch, to see all the tactical articles, you do not only have to follow one link to the Tactics section, you also have to click the "show all articles" link. Sorry for the incovinience.

On the other hand, it probably serves as a basic intelligence test before you reach the goodies :D

lately i can't get the java based opponent finder to work in my browser. (get a big grey box) doen't matter if i wait a while it stays grey. occassionally if i redo it many times i can get it to work, but it has become unconsistent enough that i stopped going by. any suggestions for me to fix? i got IE5.5 and win98.

Thx Cpt. I just posted a new article on decieving the enemy. As I said in the TCPer vs PBEMer thread I don't know whether that tactic is a real life tactic....I''ve never read anything like that in any WWII book but it works :cool: You Grogs can tell me if it is a real life tactic

Russellmz it is down for now and I don't have a clue when it will be back up. We have been going to

http://www.combatmission.com:8000/

you can usually get a Thouse ladder game there or a JFF game with a CMHQ guy.

Thx Pillar.

I didn't try it but I can. I think that the run command would be spotted though in the narrow areas...The Spotter has LOS 25 meters deep into the trees IIRC. Move probably would work as well as sneak. I guess it would also depend on if your HQ has a stealth bonus. I tend to be more cautious when trying to conceal my movement. Also I believe the spotter got lucky and got a 1min timer instead of the usual 2 min for 120mm mortars.

If any enemy artillery was forthcoming or strongly suspected then using Sneak in such a situation could/would be disasterous and counter-productive to the original intentions. As noted the *magic* barrier of 25-26m for spotting may expose running troops so Move would be preferable there then Run. A good, useful tactic against most opponents.

Ron