which one

im thinkin of buying combat mission but which one? combat mission or combat mission (beyond overlord)

ive read the only difference is the 2nd one has a cd with scenarios included. are there any differences with graphic or gameplay?

ps i live in the uk so id like to know if there are any import charges

Combat Mission is the name of the series, and Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord is the first game. The second CM: Beyond Barbarossa has yet to be published. You can only get the extra CD if you buy it in the UK, e.g. from Amazon, or through a retail store. If you order from this website, you won't get the extra CD. The extra CD supplies you with graphics mods, and additional scenarios. Most of these you would have no trouble getting from the net, but it is much easier to have them on the CD.

Hope that helps.

Diel,

There is only one Combat Mission game on the market at this point. It's titled Combat Mission Beyond Overlord. The second Combat Mission will be out by the end of the summer or beginning of fall, it's titled Combat Mission: Barbarosa to Berlin.

It Seems that CMBO is on some store shelves in parts of Europe, maybe somebody else can give you more information about the retail version.

Click on "Purchase" above, then click on the link "ordering options and sales policy page". The mail charges are listed there.

Have fun with your new game ;)

Originally posted by deilthedog:

im thinkin of buying combat mission but which one? combat mission or combat mission (beyond overlord)

ive read the only difference is the 2nd one has a cd with scenarios included. are there any differences with graphic or gameplay?

ps i live in the uk so id like to know if there are any import charges

There are no differences to the game. The one you can buy over the counter has a second disk chock full of scenarios and 'mods' or alternate graphics skins. But the game itself is identical. Note that thse mods and scenarios can all be found on the internet, but downloading them all would, well, damn near fill a CD :D

My suggestion would be: if you can buy it over the counter where you live, do so. You'll get it sooner (as in immediately) and you won't need to download the mods. (of course, nobody NEEDS mods, but look around at some screenshots and you'll see what I mean.)

If you can't find it locally, order it whichever way gets it to you fastest!

HTH

I bought it at GAME. A computer gaming magazine had an advert in it for CMBO. It included a great offer - if I sent off my receipt proving I got it from GAME (or Electronics Boutique) I could get a free poster of war shiznit! I have done so and now await my poster with a worm on my tongue. I mean baited...urrr...BATED breath. :D

The European instore version, has an Ad sequence for the distributors CDV, instead of the original "get you in the mood" movie (whatever that is - I haven't seen it).

More importantly, the CDV version is copy protected by SafeDisc, which means that you can't make a usuable backup copy of the game CD.

I don't believe the American version has this restriction, but I'm ready to be corrected.

Regards, Len.

Originally posted by Len:

The European instore version, has an Ad sequence for the distributors CDV, instead of the original "get you in the mood" movie (whatever that is - I haven't seen it).

More importantly, the CDV version is copy protected by SafeDisc, which means that you can't make a usuable backup copy of the game CD.

I don't believe the American version has this restriction, but I'm ready to be corrected.

Regards, Len.

Hmmmm, that explains why I can't get the in-game movie to work with my copy of the game. I wonder if it also restricts you from playing modded wave files?