Delivery problem -suspect postman

Hi Guys

It's great to be following you guys rattle about CMBB. Unfortunately I haven't got mine yet despite pre-ordering on 7 September(?).

I've sent an email to BFC sales informing them of my circumstances.Is there a common policy that mail order companies adopt with regard to missing deliveries?

I'm beginning to suspect the postman did a runner with my package. Before pre-ordering CMBB, I also ordered 2 books from Osprey Publishing. One got through OK, the other is still missing. So very suspicious.

Since my letter box is kinda small, any big packages have to picked up personally at the post office. The postman would leave a card informing me to do so.

Since I haven't even go the card yet, all fingers seem to point to the postman.

Can any of you guys give me a detailed description of the package that CMBB came in so that I can have something to complain about with the post office.

All details please, its length, width, height, type of packaging, colour of packaging, whether it was cardboard or whatever, whether there was padding, did the CD come in plastic box, etc.

Thanks in advance and I hope to join you guys soon.

Meantime, it'll have to be CMBB demo and good old CMBO.

By the way, know anything about firebombing?

Originally posted by Thin Red Line:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Keef, since your profile says you are in Hong Kong, you might want to have a chat with the local customs office. I don't envy you.

I myself started investigations with the Turkish customs for my missing CMBB. Pray for me.</font>

It had to happen today, of all days.

On the day I go out and buy a diamond ring in readiness for my old lady's birthday, I finally get news of what I've been waiting for since Sept 20.

Yep, that's right, man, a Notification of Mail Collection card issued today by Hong Kong Post informing to go and collect the offending package.

So now, I'm sitting here by my iMac just looking at the card and what it represents. How long can it take to deliver, for f&*%'s sake?

Still, it could be totally different delivery.

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry...

Wish me luck, guys.

keef. you lucky dog you.... here in Singapore, I have been waiting forever... sent in the online purchase around Sept 7 (same as you) and I have completed 2 books already, (Stalingrad, and Russia's Heros (quite bad actually)).

*sigh*

laxx

False alarm, lads.

So I get up this morning, full of confidence, decided to go to work late just so that I could get the package as soon as the Post Office doors open at 9:00.

As soon as the Post Office worker brought me the cylindrical drawing holder, my heart just fell. It pretty much ruined the rest of the working day for me.

So here I am sitting here looking at the free Panther tank poster BFC handed out to those guys who contributed to the model contest.

It's nice to be acknowledged in this way but it's still a bit disappointing that I still haven't received the game.

And the worst thing was that they sent it on 8th October and it arrived on 16th October. BFC have advised my pre-order was sent on 20th September.

The Post Office has told me that without registration there is no way of tracing the package the game was sent in.

So there we have it, the US postman could nicked it, or the HK postman could have nicked, or one of my neighbours could have nicked it.I don't know which one.

I might have to throw myself at the feet of HK Customs & Excise and see if they are doing a thorough inspection of my package.

It could have been all different today. I don't know whether to laugh or to cry.

Back to waiting then...

Originally posted by Thin Red Line:

I myself started investigations with the Turkish customs for my missing CMBB. Pray for me.

My prayers are with you. Let me know how things turn out. I've ordered from US a few things while in Istanbul, including a graphics card, and had no problems with customs. At most a week's delay. I may have been just lucky, but these things do take a while, esp. if it was sent through surface mail.