Splash pages in CMBO and CMBB

Originally posted by Nekander:

I don't want to start a debate concerning political interests with Winter War and about who was a good guy in the Finnish front. Still, not every Finn accepts the idea that Russians were the good guys. Hope you allow my opinion.

Oh that's what you meant. Of course the Russians were the bad guys when they fought Finland and the good guys when they fought the Germans.

Originally posted by CMplayer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nekander:

I don't want to start a debate concerning political interests with Winter War and about who was a good guy in the Finnish front. Still, not every Finn accepts the idea that Russians were the good guys. Hope you allow my opinion.

Oh that's what you meant. Of course the Russians were the bad guys when they fought Finland and the good guys when they fought the Germans.</font>

This is a silly thread and I will not dignify it by posting to it. So there.

If I did post, I would say the "good side" is the side I'm on. It ain't rocket science.

[ July 16, 2002, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: kump ]

Originally posted by kump:

If I did post, I would say the "good side" is the side I'm on. It ain't rocket science.

Ahh but my dear kump. We're talking about sides none of us, or practically none of us, were actually on. It's all about adoration or revulsion at a cozy historical distance. So your solution, which you call simple, is actually inadequate. Hah, got you there.

Originally posted by CMplayer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nekander:

Oh that's what you meant. Of course the Russians were the bad guys when they fought Finland and the good guys when they fought the Germans.</font>

Hah, got you there.
There you go and drag me into a thread I just will not participate in. If I did, I would tell

you that I can’t dispute your response. I will however restate my point in another way.

Its not “good versus bad”, but “us versus them”. And us is always good.

Originally posted by kump:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Hah, got you there.

There you go and drag me into a thread I just will not participate in. If I did, I would tell

you that I can’t dispute your response. I will however restate my point in another way.

Its not “good versus bad”, but “us versus them”. And us is always good.</font>