Wild Bill's Rumblings of War [Part III]

Okay, I've now more or less recovered from that time vacuum called FuerteVision Invitational and the inevitable analysis it generates. I have therefore resumed work on my technically still not overdue AAR for "Sounds in the Night." Am delighted to report that I now have two thirds of it done. Yes, I will complete and submit this excruciatingly detailed monster, thus discharging my remaining RoW obligation.

Since my door hasn't been knocked down by a stampede demanding my presence in the finals, I conclude that AARs or no, I didn't make the cut, either by Section win or by being second overall in the field. I did my best, though.

Regards,

John Kettler

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

I ran into a small glitch while getting the input file ready for the scoring program (a dry run since all input is case sensitive, spelling, spaces, etc.). It seems the program only accepts whole numbers for scores. This means when I split the points for contested VLs I have to drop the .5 fractions so that some scores will only total to 99 points.

The newest version of the program splits contested points automatically - there's no need to do the division by hand (you have the latest version, don't you). This solves the problem.

However, if you for some reason want to split the scores by hand that shouldn't be a problem either. At least in my Linux version floating point numbers are accepted as input. I have to test it under Windows one day. Anyhow, there should be no need for such thing since the program takes care of splitting points automatically.

EDIT: If you are wondering what the program is doing then remember to use the -d flag for diagnostic output.

[ February 13, 2002, 05:33 AM: Message edited by: Nabla ]

Nabla has just informed me by email that the new scoring program can be exactly like the one in place for this tourney regarding outcomes if I use the right parameters. This means there will be no discarding of fractions since the new program handles the contested VL points automatically. smile.gif

Treeburst155 out.

I never told you guys how I was going to handle the AARs. Each full credit AAR will be worth 2.86% of the highest player's score (before his AARs). Half credit AARs will be worth 1.43%.

This means that seven full credit AARs will increase your final tourney score by an amount equal to 20% of the best score.

In all future tourneys I manage this will be the AAR formula. Write a full credit AAR for every game and get 20% of the leader's score added to your own. If there are only five games in a tourney then each AAR would be worth 4% of the leaders' total and so forth.

Treeburst155 out.

[ February 15, 2002, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]