Hi all... best way for a Brit to get US version of the game ?

Sorry is this has been done to death before, but can you guys recommend a decent online US retailer that will ship the game to the UK ? Seems I can't order from Battlefront and get the "proper" version of the game.

I don't want the sanitised version (of what is supposed to be the realistic wargame) CDV seem to be shipping Europe wide - and I don't want their (15% of Sudden Strike buyers couldn't even install it) copy protection. Not to mention that ghastly possibility of seperate US and (late) "Euro" patches... brrrrrrr... :mad:

Any recommendations welcome - thanks...

[ September 09, 2002, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Hertston ]

In the US and the rest of the world besides Europe, BFC is the only seller and you can only get it through them on the net. However, maybe some Yank here can buy it for you and ship it to you. Several have offered to do this for our "oppressed" European compatriots. If you already have a freind or relative that fits the criteria, then they can get it as well.

Originally posted by Specterx:

I'm sure BFC can't comment on it but I'd imagine that "converting" your european copy of CMBB to the American version would be as simple as replacing the EXE and perhaps some data files.

Maybe you are right... there's usually some kind soul who will e-mail you the relevant files. Sorry, I'd assumed there would be a "box" release over there as well.

Let me jump into this bit and with luck noone will trash me for this idea. Most likely it will be the exe file that determines the difference between the US and European versions. If any bmps are different then the modders will correct that.

So if the exe is different anyone in America can easily email you the "right" exe file. In fact I would be happy to do so.

MikeT

Originally posted by MikeT:

Let me jump into this bit and with luck noone will trash me for this idea. Most likely it will be the exe file that determines the difference between the US and European versions. If any bmps are different then the modders will correct that.

So if the exe is different anyone in America can easily email you the "right" exe file. In fact I would be happy to do so.

MikeT

Thanks Mike, add me on the list... GIs are coming again liberating Europe, this time from bureaucracy... :D :eek: :rolleyes:

The .exe file and the svatiska .bmp are the only differences, BTS stated this over and over.

Hi There

Regarding MikTs suggested solution to the CDV CMBB WG Problem for European Players. I have the CDV Version of CMBO and my son has the US vers. We copied the CMBO (US) exe file into the CDV vers afer renaming the CDV exe and tried to load the game. CD not detected was the result.

My installation was from the CDV Vers and after changing the exe to US vers, as long US disc was used , it worked although the installion files were CDV. I have to assume the same will apply to CMBB. :rolleyes:

Douglas (aka DougieB)

Belfast (NI) UK