Hello One and All!!

Hi

Well I thought it was time I came out of the shadows and began actively participating in the forums.

I'm afraid, as far as CMBB goes, I'm what you guys "lovingly" refer to as a Noob. That said I have indoctrinated a fair share of strategy gaming in the past and as a self proclaimed "armchair historian" of German involvement in WW2,I'm maybe (but probably not) in a slightly better position than most Noobs

I've been with CMBB for around 6 weeks now and as time as progressed, I've been slowly pulled into the euphoria that is Combat Mission...Sob!..it's beginning to take over a vast majority of my spare time or should that even be life..Oh Dear!!! Is there a support group for Combat Mission junkies??

I know i'm preaching to the converted but this combat simulation( I completely berated my wife for calling it a "game" :mad: HOW DARE SHE!! :D ) is outstanding. But you know what's just as outstanding?? The incredible amount of activity and support on these forums. Now I've been around a lot of forums in my time but I've never seen one as active as this. BFC should advertise on the box "FREE Inside 1000's of cyber buddies." So thanks everyone for making this place so incredibly interesting and useful

Anyhow with the help of this forum (I've been lurking for almost 6 weeks) I'm steadily learning CMBB and truly enjoying every minute of it. I blew up my first KV-2 last night using a pioneer squad (what a rush)!!

I've got the Strategy Guide winging it's way to me (hopefully) and I'm sure that'll speed things up a lot more.

Ok I'm going to close this rambling post (Hurrah!! I hear you cry) and get back to the Eastern Front. I just wanted to say Hi!!!

MG-42

Before Seanachai can come along and deliver a withering put-down ;) , I would like to add my welcome to you. Sounds like you will be fun to have around. Not an Aries, by any chance, are you?

BTW, how many lady friends do you have anyway? Got any you'd like to pass along to a cyber-buddy?

:D

Michael

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Before Seanachai can come along and deliver a withering put-down ;) , I would like to add my welcome to you. Sounds like you will be fun to have around. Not an Aries, by any chance, are you?

BTW, how many lady friends do you have anyway? Got any you'd like to pass along to a cyber-buddy?

:D

Michael

Mike, you're 133. The only lady friends you have are the ones that mop the gruel from your lap.

Not to worry, I lurked in the shadows for 6 months before I thought I had anything useful to say. Ok, its still debateable :D .

In any case welcome to the forum and the games. You're right, having participated in other forums, the signal to noise ratio here is really high. The forums are one of the best parts of the game. Aside from the cesspool... ;)

[ December 16, 2002, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: kmead ]

Before Seanachai can come along and deliver a withering put-down ;) , I would like to add my welcome to you.

Aye. Have fun discovering the delights of interactive firepower exchange therapy.

Sounds like you will be fun to have around. Not an Aries, by any chance, are you?

Those of us born under Aries don't believe in this horoscope nonsense, Mike. ;)

All the best,

John.

I'm sorry Michael my sum total of "lady friends" is...umm..[starts counting on his fingers]....1 redface.gif

I thought adding "most of" and (s) after friend would somewhat boost my confidence. It did up until now when i've been horribly exposed for over exaggerating..that reminds me did I tell you a couple of days ago I stopped a Human Wave in its tracks with only a bailed out tank commander?

Cheers

MG-42