Sorry Matt, but the links still state the specified server cannot be found for Macs

Hi,

- I tried downloading with SpeedDownload, it does not work.

- However, I switched to ICAB, using the DOWNLOAD Manager, and with the URL of ftp://ftp.battlefront.com/pub/demos/cmbb/mac/english/CMBB%20Demo.sit.bin. It is download slowly smile.gif

cheers!

laxx

-----------

decision#1

three more hours before download completes

should i break fast or should i wait

suspense is killing me

decision #2

buy a new mac for CMBB

or wear out the minimum specs Mac ?

How about a PC just for Games ?

But I'd already bought a PS2

Thanks, but all I get is specified server could not be found. Thanks all the same.

This is true of all three Mac download server links. Thanks

This is with Explorer 5.1.4. I opened with Netscape 4.7 and it started downloading. currently it is moving at 831bytes per second (thats bytes, not kilobytes :rolleyes: )

[ August 31, 2002, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: kmead ]

Kmead, I just tested the links and they are working fine on my end.

English Mac Version Link

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/counter/down.pl?ID=14

German Mac Version Link

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/counter/down.pl?ID=15

French Mac Version Link

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/counter/down.pl?ID=16

Madmatt

p.s. Please use those links above in order that we can accurately count the downloads.

I restarted my Mac and reset my cable modem and router. Internet Explorer 5.1.4 (which is nearly as new as I can run under OS9.2.2) and the links you show here and the links on the page for the Mac demo download all return

"The specified server cannot be found"

If I am the only one experiencing this would others kindly speak up as I don't wish to waste Matt's time chasing an issue for one person.

Thanks Matt. Have a great night and the bones look excellent. A wonderful job by the whole team. Big thumbs up!

I have a cable connection that runs close to T1 speeds. Here I got an initial burst at 56 kbps or so, but now it's slowed to a crawl. Are y'all governing download speeds? If so, why? The faster high-bandwidth downloaders get and go, the faster everybody gets their packets.

Its likely a bandwidth availability issue with a potential of 10,000 people trying all at once to download it.

WIth Netscape I have it downloading finally. MS IE won't see the server for some unknown reason. Now pray for no errors or other errata. Currently at 4.1% of the total downloaded.

Matt, thanks very much for checking and verifying that it works. I think its some bizarre problem with IE. I will see if I can work it out from this end. As I stated above I am having some success with Netscape which means the links are operable, even for me.

Again thanks for your very speedy responses.

Only 8 minutes of download to go. Then we'll see if it will run at all on a iMac. Lets see, started the download at 8:30 or so and will finish at 1:02 am. That is the slowest dnld I have enjoyed since I got my cable modem. :D At least I almost have it.