Worst Bug Ever!

Someone prove me wrong...

Ok I am very sad to report this as this pretty much kills any Operation for me against a human opponent and limits me to only operations against the computer where I am the attacker.

Seriously, if you haven't noticed this bug yet and don't want to know about it (ignorance may be bliss) don't read any further.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

I am in the middle of a very good operation against a fellow BOB member. The bug is that after the nighttime battle finished, and we got a chance to set up during the morning, as soon as I completed my setup and hit "GO" I was able to spot foxholes in areas where I am certain that I did not put them. I did a little independent testing (created simple operations and played them hotseat style) and found out a few things:

1) the attacker will get foxholes for personel and equipement that utilizes foxholes come morning after a nightime battle.

2) those foxholes are fully visible to the defender even if there is no way the defender could see the foxholes (line of sight, middle of the woods, etc)

3) this sucks!

I don't know how this bug made it through. I went onto the Battlefront Forum and did a little searching to find a couple of post that mentioned this problem. Most of the replies were dust offs but I for one think this is a very serious bug. I don't know of any way of contacting Big Time myself but they should know about this for CMBB!

Sorry if this has upset anyone (fellow operation lovers) -- PLEASE SOMEONE PROVE ME WRONG!!!

Originally posted by Micheal Wittman:

*snip*

I went onto the Battlefront Forum and did a little searching to find a couple of post that mentioned this problem.

*snip*

Since you already found a couple of threads regarding this problem, don't you think BTS may be aware of it :confused:

Actually, Wittman I think you have a good point. I too have found this and now after having done a little testing find that it happens every time. Does anyone know of someone who may be contacted with regards to bugs? It would be a shame if this mistake made it into CMBB.

Cheers,

Yaba

He I like this BUG they won't fix. for many reasons.

1. I know where to call in my heavy artillery and plaster the area.

2. I know I can target the area with my Infantry Support tanks and will for sure get some kills or render any AT, Mortar unit useless.

3. I know that targeting MG fire in those fox holes may keep the enemy heads down allowing me to move up me guys

4. I can smoke those areas to render his positions un effective and move around the battle field.

5 I know where he is positioned and try to find a way around the defences to get some flank areas open on him.

Hey, gamey? who knows.. it's not my fault such a blatent Bug is in the system.

I also noticed the bug in an ongoing operation and decided to do the semi-honorable thing and not target the area until an enemy unit appeared and I had LOS to it. After that all gloves are off. The rationalization I used is that in the silence of the night you can hear the enemy digging those holes so you you have a general idea of where the enemy is hiding. Once he is spotted you know that he is present in force and therefore it becomes a legitimate target area. The best I could come up with under the circumstances.