Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Just got the game (Yey!) and a Q about explosions

I just got the game in the mail, so soon I will play vs a human for the first time :D

A question about the explosion in the game.

It's not meaty enough. I'm talking about when HE or arty hits the ground, most real explosions I've seen "just" throws up a lot of dirt in the air, not the firebomb-ish, hollywood stile that's in there now. I thought I would do a mod-test, but then I remembered the same bmp-sequence is used for all explosions in the game, tank's exploding, air- and treebursts and "ground explosions". So, in CMBB, I want at least three different bmp-sequences. Chop-chop, BTS :D

You're criticizing the explosions?

You're actually criticizing the explosions??!

Aompare these explosions to that unnamed Microsoft wargame product that was CM's predicessor to get a little perspective.

Me, I'm still waiting for the individual working wristwatches on the soldiers. :eek:

Originally posted by SuperSulo:

I'm talking about when HE or arty hits the ground, most real explosions I've seen "just" throws up a lot of dirt in the air, not the firebomb-ish, hollywood stile that's in there now. :D

Hehheh, you think that's Hollywood-ish? Try my explosion mod. Now that's Hollywood-ish! tongue.gif

Sorry to dig this old post up, but I actually tried to do a "dirt thrower" explosion. Didn't work. They use a too small polygon/billboard/whatever for the explosion bmps. And too much alpha, looked like smoke. Oh and on bigger explosions they use several explosion polygons, offseted in y. Bummer.

So now I want a details settings for the 3D debris that's actually there now, like "old explosion" to "5 * old explosion" smile.gif

Ok, I'll give it a rest now.