Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Cmeto and Churchill Crocodiles

With Cmeto loaded I recently played a scenario called "Cats and Crocs" w.hich featured 2 Churchill Crocs.

I have since tried to set up a Quick Game with British Armour but can find no ref at any date.

to these tanks as being available for choice----any ideas or help please.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

pcelt,

You're welcome. Here are two important things to remember when using the Croc.

1. Always watch for the bow MG obscured message when pulling into firing position. This is vital because your flame projector is located where the bow MG normally is. If it's masked, you can't shoot. No flame attacks while hull down!

2. Even though you may deem the flamethrower your main weapon, the game engine doesn't. Thus, if you select "Use main gun" expect to see your 75mm

in the turret fire, rather than a gout of flame emerge from the bow of your tank. Trust me on this, for I've screwed up in exactly this manner in ROW. It is absolutely critical when using flame AFVs of any sort to know where the projector is and handle switchology accordingly. The Flammpanzer IIIs main gun, for example, is the flamethrower. Get the two confused, and you've got trouble.

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by John Kettler:

pcelt,

For your horrified education, the real thing. May I also suggest Wilson's excellent first person account, FLAMETHROWER, for a look at the Croc in battle?

Regards,

John Kettler

Can you post a link John? I was gonna buy a book about a first person account from a Croc crewman. IIRC this is the book that was recommended to me. I can't seem to track it down though.

Thanks John, I gave Amazon a quick look and didn't find it, didn't know his first name though. I just put in an order for the hardcover edition for $9.50. I've always hated paperbacks.

The funny thing is, I decided to google it and guess what popped up? Yup sure enough, the thread from battlefront.com way back in Feb of 2001. I hadn't even registered yet since I just bought CMBO a few months prior for xmas. So I was still lurking this site back then. But after reading that old thread I amazingly remember it.

Here's the archived thread!

So thanks for mentioning it 7 years ago and again in this thread. :D

MeatEtr,

Say what? It's in the title bar at the top of the page I linked, in the book description, repeatedly cited in the Amazon.com reviews and is on the cover. Other than that, it's expertly hidden. Am glad you found the book anyway and believe you'll find it a remarkable and worthwhile read. The early Croc thread is simply astonishing. Hard to believe I've been in the Forums so long! That post was made by me only six days after I joined.

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by John Kettler:

MeatEtr,

Say what? It's in the title bar at the top of the page I linked, in the book description, repeatedly cited in the Amazon.com reviews and is on the cover.

Regards,

John Kettler

I was referring to from before you posted a link, hence my previous statement "..can't seem to track it down". I found the hardcover version from the link you posted. Nonetheless I'm looking forward to reading it, although several years later. Time flys by no doubt, always fun taking a gander at really old threads.

MeatEtr,

More confusion caused by the ambiguous nature of the English language! Could've been read either way, but I got the wrong one. As for old threads, may I suggest this one, which'll take you clear back to the practically mythical Invitational Tourney?

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=30;t=003745;p=1

Enjoy your book!

Regards,

John Kettler