Consolidated mod pack?

Modding is subjective based upon your own tastes

there are so many different mods for things

that there is no way a single all inclusive mod pack

could ever be put together

besides it would fill up a whole harddrive or more

(just ask the owner of www.cmmods.com )

and would take days to dowload even with boradband

I know smile.gif but the way I had my CMBB, I had it so I could zip it into a 300 Meg file so I could redownload it when I had to redo my system. Generaly any higher rez mappings are an improvement to me...

Since cmmods will prolly be down for a while yet, is there any toher sites where people are hosting their mods?

Although mods are indeed a matter of taste I also find that there are certain 'commonly used' mods which about everyone uses (Juju's trenches and small arms; to name a few).

It might be a good idea to make such a pack available somewhere, though I am a little concerned about the bandwidth needed for such a hosting action. If I look at my CMBB mod essentials I already have one CD-R filled to the top!

I use cable, so downloading these monster packs won't be a problem, though I can imagine that someone with dial-up will pull his hair out, not to mention the investment in a server that will host them.

Originally posted by Yskonyn:

Although mods are indeed a matter of taste I also find that there are certain 'commonly used' mods which about everyone uses (Juju's trenches and small arms; to name a few).

It might be a good idea to make such a pack available somewhere, though I am a little concerned about the bandwidth needed for such a hosting action. If I look at my CMBB mod essentials I already have one CD-R filled to the top!

I use cable, so downloading these monster packs won't be a problem, though I can imagine that someone with dial-up will pull his hair out, not to mention the investment in a server that will host them.

You hit it right on... I'd be more than willing to pay for CD's loaded wth this stuff too. I think it'd be in Battlefront's or the community to put somethihg like this together.

Maybe another department of cmmods.com ;)

Maybe Zimrodok should be blackmailed to force him into hosting these monsterpacks.

He's jumping in for us at the moment anyway, so maybe we should pull the profit out of him! ;)

But on a more serious note: it might be interesting to ask if BF would be interested in providing Monster Mod Pack CD's for CMBB and CMAK for a decent price, however we might get a better price if we set it up via the community itself.