German paratroop monument Crete

Stoffel

And all I did was politely point out my feelings on the matter in my first post in this subject. I did not attack you, and indeed have not done so throughout this topic. If you feel differently, please show me where I have done so.

Then of course I was gratuitously insulted by painfbat who deliberately quoted me partially so that he could put the boot in. And somehow that is my fault in your opinion.

Interesting try on your and his part to shift blame, but it won't work. If you have issues with the hijacking of your topic you can raise them with painfbat, don't come to me about it. Until he came in this was a perfectly civil discussion on the merit or otherwise of protecting this monument, with a range of opinions expressed in a polite manner. If he has such issues with me that he can not refrain from provoking me without any reason, that is his mental problem, not mine. Shame he had to ruin your thread with it though.

So in short, get a grip and take your complaint to the one who did the damage. It isn't me.

All the best

Andreas

Maybe PAINFBAT did so,but after some reading on other topics it seems to me that you in each topic you got involved with try to demonstrate your views as being the only good ideas.

To me that is very irritating,now giving those facts I think you did the same here.

I was allready waiting for that:,I did nothing but he did it,reaction.

Everybody knows by now that you rather would have seen that the soviets would have taken entire Europe under their control,to show us we are all wrong.Maybe its time you get into a low profile and stop attacking people with your "right"views

After all Stalin killed a few more people then Hitler.............so we are all happy we were liberated by the western allies and not the Russians.

I think you are a nutcase if you truly believe that I am Stalinist, and you have never bothered to read one sentence of mine referring to modern politics.

But do have fun on your soap-box, and do not hesitate to express your thoughts in a coherent manner, whenever you are ready to do so, because at the moment, what your rambling indictment of me has to do with this thread is beyond me.

Well, I guess now at least you can point to an attack by me, unlike before, so I guess it was good for something.

All the best

Andreas

As, I think, a neutral observer, it seems to me that Andreas went out of his way to be gentle an unoffensive.

If one wanted to be "critical" of Andreas's veiws, and I would not, one could note that they are the dominant Western liberal/democratic views. (small "l", small "d") And one could suggest sympathy for the suffering of the German people in a variety of ways, such as the relocation after the war when the border was moved west. And it is perhaps a legitimate point that the victors of a conflict might, either purposely or inadvertently, minimize the positive aspects of the defeated power with regard to, say, science and some cultural achievements.

But I can't figure out from the posts what PAINFBAT was talking about. And the we-were-better-than-the-soviets attitude of Stoffel's is....beside the point? Isn't it?

As to the who responded to the topic's theme. Isn't the first post about lamenting that a Nazi-era monument was torn down? I see nothing but intelligent, to-the-point responses of those posters who doubted such lamentation was a good idea.

And I am still enjoying the operation Descent on Maleme, as the German player--wow those flak guns are annoying.