Scenario Editor Problems?????????

nanuuq

Dear CMAKers:

I have been creating maps for a Pacific Campaign, such as, Tarawa, Roi-Namur.

For some reason or another I cannot Load these maps after the first time of creation? :confused: If that makes sense. redface.gif

They are found in the "Battles" file area but they will not load from the "Scenario Editor" screen.

Can anybody help me with this problem?

Thank you for your time and effort.

nanuuq

Wicky:

Actually, the maps are as big as I can make them.

The only reason I did this was that I did not like having a sand looking box what is supposed to be the ocean surrounding an island, i.e., Tarawa. So I used up every block with water. I did not think that this would be a problem. By the way, is there a way to change that like you can by modding the sky backround?

As far as the forces I just put in a battalion each for scale. And will add when the map/scenario are finished.

And to British Tommy:

I used "save" to save each map/scenario. I think......................................

nanuuq

The editor is not known for troubles like these so it may be you're just missing a step along the way. Let's just try a test scen.

Go to the editor click on New Battle

In Battle perimeter screen change the date to 1942

Click through to end.

Back in Editor click on Map editor

In the map editor place a church or anything easy to see. Click on preview. Note that your church is on the map. exit. Exit oout of the map editor.

Back in the main editor screen click on save. change the name from "untitled" to A Test and save the map.

exit the editor.

NOW: Go back into the main editor screen. Click on Load and find the "A Test" scen...should be one of the first...Click on it and go to the map editor and see if your church is there. If it isn't then I suggest you re-install the game and make certain you follow the patch procedure. In No way to I wish to sound obtuse (allow I really did...LOL) It's just that I pretty sure you're missing a step somewhere around the "save" Please let me know how you get along. The scen editor is a really fun and your on maps are ALWAYS better than the game...or mine!