Woot ! Have you seen THAT ?!!?

Hi guys,

I sometimes, like many other players here, have a look to the Panzer Elite board, and read a few comments about the game in itself or the new/incoming patches and mods.

An interesting thread page about the next PE game held my attention, where someone posted some marvellous screenshots of an addon designed for "Operation Flashpoint". I never see much of the game before (I thought I wasn't a WW2 era game). These pictures really impressed me :eek:

I perfectly know that this is not directly related to CM but, I have to admit that this stuff is really nice !

Ok ! Stop talking, pictures please :D

tiger2_winter_Ann_06.jpg

pantherG_10_03.jpg

tiger2_winter_Ann_05.jpg

...and here is the direct link (in czech) to Marfy's website, who is the author of those artworks.

Did someone was aware of that :confused:

Really impressive, IMHO.

Bogdan - the armour modelling for tanks in OFP is a joke, just so you know. You can blow up tanks with hand grenades or even, I think, machine gun fire, if you shoot at them long enough.

The hand grenades, on the other hand, are contact grenades and if you try and throw them into a building, you will kill yourself just about every time, even if you are right next to the window.

OFP is a lot of fun - and beautiful to look at, as well as being fully moddable (I have some great WW II mods from various artists) but there is much work to be done. Save your money for the next version, if you are anticipating going out and picking up a copy. Although, there ARE some cheap packs with both the original as well as the addons for next to nothing.

Only other really major concern is the missions are scripted. Not bad if you have a talented community, but would be great to be able to randomize enemy opposition a bit more in the editor, or even have "quick battles".

Incidentally, I downloaded the MAUS from some site and tooled around in it for a bit - neat!

[ June 01, 2004, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Dear Michael,

Thanks for your advice but I never intended to buy OFP, as I thought it was devoted to modern era conflict(s). Also, if you say it's possible to inflict bad damages to a heavy tank with MG... ...I definitly prefer CM smile.gif

However, on the other hand, OFP appears very impressive, eye candy to me. And I'm sure that many persons here could think the same and start dreaming about CMX2 with these pictures in mind LOL !

As a modest modders, I find these graphics really nice, say beautifull.

Also, you surelly know, many guys here posted wishes about the next generation of CM, and, in particular, spoke about the graphic rendering. I modestly think that these screenshots nicely illustrate the quality to which the next game could tend. Don't you agree ?

Armor is nicely textured, zimmerited, with dust, battle damage, mud at an extremely high rendering point, IMHO. Dynamic lightening is cool too :cool:

PS : hi Mom ! tongue.gif

I played Invasion 44 briefly, way back last year, it is VERY good at conveying the total confusion that must have been felt! I remember being pinned down by german rifle fire and tracer in total pitch black! You could only just make out some buildings and stuff if you looked hard enough. It was pretty smart actually, and its good to see that it is still in "progress" - shows that these guys take it seriously.

I have to agree with Michael that it's a pretty poor performer in terms of realism, but hell was it fun :)

I enjoy seeing pictures from other games on the CM forum

though the GF might be a better place ;)

I am willing to wager, though

that in the future when we see screenshots from CMX2

we will suddenly have trouble catching our breath

its a decent infantry simulator... it really gives you that feeling of being in the midst of the chaos and being the most vulnerable thing on the battlefield... if they could only fix the armor and airpower a little better id fall in love with the game all over again...

Hey Phil, do you have the link for the invasion 44 site? I played the demo a long time ago, but then they seemed to dissapear for a while, and I thought it was dead.

Appreciate it,

- Beer