3 scenarios in need of testers

All 3 are based on the battle for St. Lambert-sur-Dives. This small village is situated on the banks of the Dives River in Normandy, and during the period August 18th-20th, 1944 it was the setting for a 3-day battle between a combined arms force built around the South Alberta Light horse, and assorted German units trying to escape the killing fields of the Falaise pocket. All 3 scenarios are set on the same map, and are arranged in chronological order. However, each one is a stand alone scenario, so you can play them in any order.

The first (Thrust and Parry) depicts the first encounters between the tanks of 'C' Squadron, South Alberta Light Horse, and assorted German units defending the village. Medium / 25 turns variable / ~5000 pts total.

The second (The Flood gates open) covers the August 19th attack on the village, while more and more Germans units attempt to cross the river and retreat eastward. Large / 45 turns variable / ~9000 points total.

The third and last scenario (The Torrent) condenses the entire battle on the 20th into a 55-turn scenario. Now the Canadians are defending the village, following yesterday's successful attack, while the Germans are desperate to force a crossing and secure the routes leading eastward. Huge / 55 turns variable / ~16000 points total.

A note of thanks to Michael Dorosh, JonS and Micheal Kenny, and a very special thanks to Gpig, for their help with research and suggestions.

E-mail me if you are interested in testing them. Make sure to let me know which scenario you want to test. Address is in my profile.

Originally posted by GJK:

TPG could host those for the testing phase Kingfish if you like.

That was on my to-do list for today. Thanks for hosting the site.

Originally posted by Moraine Sedai:

As long as they can be played against the AI, I'm willing. smile.gif

Unfortunately, it doesn't play well vs the AI. The complex map and numerous reinforcements overwhelm it. The best is obviously H2H, but I've tested each in hotseat mode and gotten a decent game out of it. Hiram no longer plays CM?