**MikeyD Does a North Africa Tiger I!!**

For CMAK ONLY this time:

-Tiger I Early North Africa theater

Get it here of course, CMAK side:

www.cmmods.com

Here’s as close to a North Africa Tiger I as I could get.

Unusual dark yellow/brown base color; N.A. specific bow headlight mounts; early production slotted exhaust shroud; and those N.A.-type big number markings in a separate DECALS folder. No unit markings besides the numbers are included. I didn’t spot any in my available photo references so that settled that.

I thought grinding out a N.A. Tiger was going to be a chore - it turned out to be sorta fun!

Next stop - early war Grey for CMBB.

Screenshot:

TigI_NA.jpg

Actually , my modding had sent me faaaar deeper into Tigerland than I ever have been before! I could just keep doing Tiger I's forever.

According to the references there's the early-early type; the mid-early type (my N.A. mod); the early-mid type, the mid-mid type(My yellow mid mod), the late-mid type (my yellow mid Zimmerit mod), the early-late type, the mid-late type, and finally the late-late type (My late mod). No wonder there's dozens of books on the subject!

And on top of it all there's the camou, and the whitewash, and the battle damage. Holy crap, this is getting scary!

[ June 21, 2006, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

I know it's scary, I've read a lot of books myself... :D And if I knew how to do camouflage patterns, I'd put out all the camouflaged Tigers myself. I've seen a few very good tutorials, but so far no one has been able to tell me how to do patterns that fit so you don't see any edges on the different BMP's. Any help is appreciated!

It's all to the good MikeyD. I should have known you'd come up with a DAK version sooner than later. I just couldn't wait!

Wicked mod. smile.gif

Now if someone would just mod the Allied halftracks (hint, hint) ;)

[ June 22, 2006, 02:13 AM: Message edited by: k-trout ]