ADELAIDE CMers

Far enough.

Peering at my UBD it appears to be about 20-25km from Wayville, down/up Greenhill Road to Hahndorf. The scale is small and dodgy though. So caveats apply.

I'm not missing Burton's (the Arms Fair) for anything this year, he's bringing me my Bolo Mauser. smile.gif

Cheers.

If you want simple directions to get to Hahndorf from the Wayville Showgrounds simply head south down Goodwood Road (main north/south road that runs past the showgrounds), turn left at Cross Roads, head all the way up the so called hill to the major 4 way intersection at the top of the relatively small hill then turn right at that interesection to get onto the Freeway to go up the relatively big hill. smile.gif

Once you're on the South Eastern Freeway it's plain sailing for about 10 to 15 mins. until you see the turn off to Hahndorf (just after the turn off to Aldgate) which is all very well signposted. If you see a turn off to Mt. Barker then you've gone too far but don't panic, you can simply turn off there and take the scenic route back to Hahndorf by turning left onto the very picturesque old Mt. Barker road which is a lovely windy road with, of all things, a traditional Dutch style windmill just off the roadway. Should only take you 8 minutes or so to get back to Hahndorf on that road. ;)

Regards

Jim R.

I love threads like this. They reconfirm for me all the reasons that I hate all things Australia, and inspire to ever greater efforts to 'Crush All Australians'.

Ohmigod! GreenAsJade is an Australian?! It's like punching the last marker on one's 'Card of Feral Hatred' to discover that.

Seems a bit off, though. He almost never seems to be drunk. Maybe he's a Pom?

God damn me.

I might miss the get together if you have it this Sunday (ie. 26 June)! *lmao* But if you do, I'm sure I'll get to still catch up with some of you later on...

I was thinking of Sunday 3 July (when I'll actually be over in Adelaide). hehe Bugger me things can go pear shaped easily!

Sorry 'bout the membership issue @ BoB. It's well worth it. I was dodgy about the club and name thing for a couple of years, but joined late last year and it's well worth it to have CM addicts on tap! *L*

Whatever a Fritz is, does it bite?

Sunday 3 July, 12.30, German Arms, Hahndorf. In the bottom room, apparently, somewhere near the fire so Barry (Sgt Gunnie's) arthritis don't play up too much.

Lemme see: you shalt know the Harry by his round face, his spectacles, his brown hair & his greying short beard, his bent snoz, his green eyes, etc. 40 y.o. the other day.

There's also a pic on the Medals n More forum @ B.O.B.

Erm... if we grab a table, I'll whack a little cartoon of a tank on it, eh? It worked for the Melbourne get together. ;-D

[ June 26, 2005, 02:27 AM: Message edited by: HarryInk ]