Stupid Question but.....

LC-

I love the job BTS has done with the CM series. Great games. I was reading an old review of CMBO on gamespot.com and they were talking about how after CMBO the developers wanted to go into the eastern front, north african front and the early war years.

So that leads to my question. I know that they are now going to start working on the new game engine for CM, so does that mean the early war is not going to be covered? I have been gone from the boards for a few months so I havent seen any official posts. Im excited with whatever game they come out with, early war would be cool. Yet so would a new game engine starting back at the western front.

In recent comments, BFC has tended to hedge on this question. It might be early war, but I think they are leaning towards returning to the ETO '44, at least because a lot of wheels have squeaked rather loudly for that. I suspect that in the end it will come down to what they themselves feel the greatest enthusiasm for.

There have also been whispers of taking the game engine to more modern conflicts, something else that has been persistently squeaked for. At first BFC stoutly refused to consider this, but lately it has hedged on this subject as well. Whether this represents a genuine indecision on BFC's part or a deliberate strategy to keep possible competitors in the market guessing...well, your guess is as good as mine.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

In recent comments, BFC has tended to hedge on this question. It might be early war, but I think they are leaning towards returning to the ETO '44, at least because a lot of wheels have squeaked rather loudly for that. I suspect that in the end it will come down to what they themselves feel the greatest enthusiasm for.

Dunno, it would just seem sloppy work for me to retrograde back to France 1944 (which CMAK already pretty much allows) when they could put together much more than that. When making CMBO they had to do the engine, make rules, research for all TO&E's and weapon specs, record sounds etc. But now they already have most of WW2 researched and I bet they already have much of the early war stuff gathered.

So what will be the next step, then? Combining all of the fighting in Europe and North Africa, of course! Alternately they will abandon WW2 completely and do a game about the Finnish Civil War. After that no-one could complain about unbalanced scenarios as both sides would consist of ÜberFinns (okay, you'd have some Germans, Russians and Swedes too).

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

, but I think they are leaning towards returning to the ETO '44, at least because a lot of wheels have squeaked rather loudly for that.

Michael

I bloody well hope not, they have basically done that theatre in two of their three games already.

It's the most overdone, boring old theatre around.

Originally posted by Sergei:

So what will be the next step, then?...they will abandon WW2 completely and do a game about the Finnish Civil War.

Boooooooooooooring.

Who's ever heard of the Finnish Civil War anyway? I bet you're just making that up. Some weekend barroom brawl that got gussied up because Finnish historians needed something to write about or they'd all lose their jobs and have to seek employment shoveling snow for the reindeer. Hmph!

:rolleyes:

Michael