When will the ClassicRAVE/OS X and 9.04 bug be fixed?

DavidJJ

I was under the impression that when the ClassicRAVE extension is removed that CM will work in Compatibility Mode/9.0.4. I'm not sure what RAVE extension is being used at this point when ClassicRAVE is removed other than possibly one from ATI or a 9.0.4 OS CD.

Since OS X is still considered BETA, BTS may not provide a fix until the final code is released. Apple is notorious (at least in my experience in the past) for putting in changes at the last minute. If changes are made to ClassicRAVE, then all the efforts at fixing the problem may have to be start from scratch with the final version.

I'm confident that BTS will address this problem once OS X goes GOLD (though I can't speak for them on this matter). So you'll have to wait until then at the earliest.

• 3 months later...

Originally posted by Baboon2:

My understanding is that the Classic Rave "shim" for MacOS X is incomplete. For one thing, it does not support Rave 1.6 features.

I hope that will be fixed when X goes final.

OK, so Mac OS X is now released. Does CMBO work under Classic or does one need to boot v9.1?

Well...CM is not working in classic under X. It starts up but wont go any further then the "loading graphics..." splash screen.

I don't know which rave extension to remove and wold like to know how this removal will affect other apps especially other games.

For now, I am going to not do a thing and wait for BTS to address this issue. (prod prod smile.gif )

Freak - the Classic RAVE extension is the problem that you're seeing. Disable it and I believe that CM will run in Classic mode. I don't know if this extension supports all the RAVE API calls (in which case another QuickDraw RAVE extension would have to replace it) or if it is there simply for compatibility reasons (where it is possibly intercepting all RAVE calls).

I got CM to run under OSX classic, after I started it up with the select extensions option.

However, CM only ran in software emulation mode at 640x480, no vid accel, and crashed hard (locked up the emulator) after fooling around in it for about 1 minute or so.

may be a work around, but no time to really mess with it right now. guess I'll just have to reboot to my old 9.1 to play CM.

other than that, OSX seems to work pretty well. A few glitches, nothing major on my system (233 G3, 128 meg ram, so I'm pushing the low end)

good luck, hopefully one of us or BTS will figure out a way to run it under OSX soon.

dave

------------------

History is made at night