Somehow the trees look less detailed than CMBB

Jaws

Hmmm... there are no 'cacti' in that hemisphere; only 'euphorbs,' which occupy the same ecological niche. Cacti are indigenous to the Americas.

Euphorbs include things like the "crown-of-thorns" plant etc; sometimes more leafy than cacti, burt generally with the same moisture preserving construction as cacti.

smile.gif

Originally posted by TOBRUK:

Hmmm... there are no 'cacti' in that hemisphere; only 'euphorbs,' which occupy the same ecological niche. Cacti are indigenous to the Americas.

Euphorbs include things like the "crown-of-thorns" plant etc; sometimes more leafy than cacti, burt generally with the same moisture preserving construction as cacti.

smile.gif

But can you draw one kid? ;)

In a bmp?

32120 and 32121 would be appropriate...don't forget the magenta background...

You may be right for all I know, but I've read of prickly pears in North Africa, Sicily, and Spain. They may be transplants, but they're there.

Michael

First of all- Michael D; if I could draw my screen name would be Wyatt Earp LOL. :rolleyes:

Second Michael E; you are correct, they are feral, or transplants. Much of the world (eg: Africa and Australia) spend a great deal trying to erradicate these foreign plants.

Here are a couple of news flashes(if my HTML works, which is always an iffy thing for me smile.gif ):

www.enn.com/news/wire-stories/2002/07/07092002/reu_47763.asp

http://fred.csir.co.za/plants/global/continen/africa/safrica/biocontr/agenttbl.htm]

It might help you to know that the 'prickly pear' is one of a widespread genus: Opuntia.

A note; I have returned to the CM fora from a sebbatical during which I perused many other game fora. What a relief. I had forgotten that almost everyone here is either completely insane or profoundly knowledgeable, and it's impossible to tell the difference smile.gif

Great to be back...

Jaws, they are indeed different trees. What you could be seeing though is a slightly downsampled version of the origionals if you are using a card with a smaller amount of VRAM and they are being downsampled one or twice as a result...this could be why they are looking less details.

Also CMAK's trees are in better scale with everything else than those I made for CMBB. For instance in CMBB the leaves, which you could see nicely, we actually so large that about the size of your hand when compared to your troops smile.gif In CMAK I made the trees to a more realistic scale where the leaves are considerably smaller and as a result they may look somewhate less detailed. I think the positive here though is that they give a better impression of scale to the maps and make the battlefield feel much larger. Of course, you can always use CMBB's trees if you like!

Guys, I did look at a lot of photos and saw no cacti in NA, hehe. Im sure that they are there but the trees and brush you get in game are 99.9% of what I saw in photos from the region, particually that dead scrubby grass smile.gif

Dan

Dan,

Excellent work ... the vehicles and the terrain dodads and textures are a big improvement over CMBB (viewed through my eyes anyway).

I was expecting CMBB in a new terrain but the look and feel of CMAK are definitely a good many notches above that of CMBB. It is amazing how much a little dust kicked up by vehicles and ground hits, makes the battlefield more alive and realictic looking.

Congratulations on yet another fine product that brings the series forward. Thank you!

It might help you to know that the 'prickly pear' is one of a widespread genus: Opuntia.

Glad to hear it. smile.gif

A note; I have returned to the CM fora from a sebbatical during which I perused many other game fora. What a relief. I had forgotten that almost everyone here is either completely insane or profoundly knowledgeable, and it's impossible to tell the difference smile.gif
Feel right at home yet?

:D

Michael