Nur das tapfere würde Peng herausfordern

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Hi Kitty

My poor daughter had to put her cat down on Saturday...it had FIP, and was starting to suffer a bit. It was only two years old and was her "baby".

Needless to say she was quite devestated. I never know how to handle myself at times like these, I usually become withdrawn, which I know is the wrong thing to do, especially with women. I attempted to comfort her in my own clumsy style...I figured a big hug would do. She loves cats as well, but has lost three of them in the last few years to cars and now this.

Cat's generate love for themselves. It's an enormously effective way to compensate for the scratches and accidents in general. The loss of a cat is a tragedy.

Lyra-Terass.jpg

(Large image for cat lovers)

/SirReal

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last February, we lost our cat of nineteen years. She had been found as a stray by my wife right around the time we started dating.

Back in Sept. 2000, she was diagnosed with chronic renal failure and they said she'd last maybe 6-8 weeks. So, Rose and I started giving her fluids under the skin with an I.V., as part of a maintenance routine that the vet said might prolong her life another couple of weeks and she ended up living another year and a half.

I've always loved cats and I always will. Cats are never pets. They are co-owners.

One of my cats chirps and talks to the birds eating seed from several feeders outside our large living room window, and do you know what he says to them? With odd chirps and vocalizations he says "GET IN MY BELLY!"

It really is similar to berating Hiram in an attempt to have him send a turn.

Many of you are waiting for turns. This pleases me, and is merely the first sign of my vast an vaguely actualized powers.

The second sign will disturb you.

So let it be written, so let it be conceptualized and sent through committee.

Originally posted by Leutnant Hortlund:

People with pets have too much time on their hands.

People with too much time on their hands don't have enough pets.

Or are Swedish lawyers.

(Edited to add this:) Hey, Leeeeeoooo, Will you have sent me a move by the time I get home this evening, or will I be ordering dozens of pizzas and having them delivered to your house? Hmmmmm?

I wasnt talking about ME you TWIT. Anyone with those kind of allergies in Sweden are pretty much gone during their first living winter anyway. Around October when the snow is 5-6 feet deep and the Polar bears come to town, you'd better not have any sort of fur-allergy.

Originally posted by Leeo:

One of my cats talks to the birds eating seed from several feeders outside our large living room window, and do you know what he says to them? With odd chirps and vocalizations he says "GET IN MY BELLY!"

He and the other cats even get to catch a bird once in awhile when they're outside. It really works quite nicely, because bird seed is cheaper than cat food.

I've never seen such a display of biting wit, biter hatred, and venomous challenges in all my short life. I am awed by the forest of spears that is your collective wit, and the steely determination with which you wield it!

Mewling pillocks.

Your cats would make better knights.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Hi Kitty

My poor daughter had to put her cat down on Saturday...it had FIP, and was starting to suffer a bit. It was only two years old and was her "baby".

Needless to say she was quite devestated. I never know how to handle myself at times like these, I usually become withdrawn, which I know is the wrong thing to do, especially with women. I attempted to comfort her in my own clumsy style...I figured a big hug would do. She loves cats as well, but has lost three of them in the last few years to cars and now this.

=( I had a cat get killed by a car once, another one lost an eye to a raccoon, so now I never ever let them outside. I feel sorry for them sometimes when they look out the window and see things they want to attack but then I figure better that than what COULD happen if they were out there.

Kitty

Originally posted by Malakovski:

I've never seen such a display of biting wit, biter hatred, and venomous challenges in all my short life. I am awed by the forest of spears that is your collective wit, and the steely determination with which you wield it!

Mewling pillocks.

Your cats would make better knights.

I prefer the company of the grey, red and green bolus's coughed by my pets upon the door-step to nattering with the likes of yourself.

How's that, Mala-Cough-up-a-hairball-and-die-a-kovski?