A scenario point of interest or maybe not?

Were you aware that if you place two large building back to back that a unit entering one through the front cannot exit through the back wall into the next building? I discovered this in a scenario called Monte Cassino at the The Proving Grounds and later tested it out to make sure it wasn't something the designer made happen. It wasn't as he later stated and was unaware of it too. Anyway, thought I'd mention it as it could throw a money wrench into a scenario where you were needed to be able to. For what it's worth.

Originally posted by lcm1947:

Were you aware that if you place two large building back to back that a unit entering one through the front cannot exit through the back wall into the next building? I discovered this in a scenario called Monte Cassino at the The Proving Grounds and later tested it out to make sure it wasn't something the designer made happen. It wasn't as he later stated and was unaware of it too. Anyway, thought I'd mention it as it could throw a money wrench into a scenario where you were needed to be able to. For what it's worth.

Been like that since CMBO

lcm - a work around (at least for CMBB) is to mix factory tiles with heavy building tiles. That permits units to move from building to building without having the longer LOS that factory only structures have. There are still some anomalies (like being unable to go directly from an upper floor heavy building to the upper floor of an adjacent factory), but at least it's an option.

This also allows the placement of "permanent" walls within large factory structures. Two adjacent heavy building tiles in a factory complex create a wall that be cannot be breached short of explosives.

Originally posted by Ace Pilot:

lcm - a work around (at least for CMBB) is to mix factory tiles with heavy building tiles.

Problem is, there are no factory tiles in CMAK. It may not be very realistic to have two 20m x 20m large buildings back to back anyway.

Originally posted by Panzerman:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ace Pilot:

lcm - a work around (at least for CMBB) is to mix factory tiles with heavy building tiles.

Problem is, there are no factory tiles in CMAK. It may not be very realistic to have two 20m x 20m large buildings back to back anyway. </font>

Rowhouses[?]

terraces! in England and tenements in Scotland

but 65*65 ft would be pretty large and very uncommon. I think 25' wide and up to 40' deep would be a v. large terraced house. To get light to the centre of the property would be the main constraint on depth given that in a terrace most of the properties have no side windows.

In UK workers terraced houses, built in huge numbers would be nearer 6 metres wide 18ft - obviously difficult to design in CMAK.

Given we are in the Med. though I would still think the max.depth and width would be sub 40'for terraced buildings other than palazzos.

I have been to Tunisia , Italy, France ,Spain, Greece,Germany, Portugal, Turkey,Egypt and Morocco -- admittedly not to measure the old houses smile.gif but you do notice these things.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Panzerman:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ace Pilot:

Problem is, there are no factory tiles in CMAK. It may not be very realistic to have two 20m x 20m large buildings back to back anyway. </font>