Should I Get This Game?

While you'll have to do without some vehicles like the Cromwell, Challenger , Comet, Pershing, Jackson Chafee, Puma and King Tiger you'll get a vast array of vehicles in return, most notably cruiser tanks, Matildas, Panzer IIIs, assorted Italian rust buckets and a whole host of armoured cars of various nations. I like the selection better then in CMBO.

Keep in mind though that infantry combat has been made a bit less 'arcadey'. With a more fragile infantry morale you'll find putting together an infantry assault more fiddly. And arty has been toned down more then they should've, IMHO.

Still CMAK is very enjoyable and if you are looking for something to do till CMX2 this will tide you over.

Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

If you enjoyed the CMBO, you will enjoy the present one. A fair number of new battles and old CMBO favorites are available for CMAK. CMBB is a nice too. I really enjoy the Russian-German armor matchups.

The new game will be about space-lobsters of doom. Read here for details.

I agree with enjoying the Russian-German fights in CMBB as well.

I was mostly interested in the western front when I started playing CM but I bought CMBB because CMBO was so great. The more I played BB the more I learnt, and as I learned more I started enjoying the game more.

Get both CMBB and CMAK they are both great !

//Salkin

Lanzfeld,

I came in late to these games, bought CMBB 1st, then CMAK, then CMBO. The primitive art in CMBO put me off, but many of those scenarios are quickly being translated into CMAK.

These are, without a doubt, the best tactical games I have ever played. And I've played them all.

Buy 'um, Play 'um and Save 'um! CMX2 may not be the answer to our fondest wishes.

DavidI

Considering that CMBB extends from 1941 to 1945 on the largest front ever and CMAK from 1940 to 1945 on multiple fronts, the variety offered by them is unlimited. I just recently played a CMBB PBEM game in which I had Hungarian troops with Hungarian, French and German built tanks, while my opponent had Soviet forces with Matildas, Valentines, Stuarts and Shermans and some BT's.

This variety is one of the best things IMO - once I've played enough of 1941 battles, I can go to 1945 which requires TOTALLY different tactics, or if I've had enough of Stalingrad I can go to Sicily. You just can't get bored with all that! (I know I can't, anyway.) Also the game rules, graphics and sounds are much refined.