CMAK Review

rune

Most of these reviewers moan about the graphics; it being outdated, not up to scratch, not cutting edge and on and on.

Have they ever viewed a CM tank assault on an entrenched position solely via the view level of #1 or even #2? Just plain stunning!

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

Wine donations send to the following for their contributions to CM:

</font>

• Staff @ Battlefront.com</font>
  • Fuerte for his PBEM HELPER</font>
  • Manx (He used to run the “sexiest CMBO modsite on the net”)</font>
  • Boots & Tracks (RoW tournament scenarios)</font>
  • Andrew Fox (modding art)</font>
  • Keith Miller @ Scenario Depot</font>
  • Gordon Molek for his CMMOS utility</font>

Sponsor of the following Combat Mission tournaments:

</font>

Most of these reviewers moan about the graphics; it being outdated, not up to scratch, not cutting edge and on and on.

Have they ever viewed a CM tank assault on an entrenched position solely via the view level of #1 or even #2? Just plain stunning!

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

Wine donations send to the following for their contributions to CM:

</font>

• Staff @ Battlefront.com</font>
  • Fuerte for his PBEM HELPER</font>
  • Manx (He used to run the “sexiest CMBO modsite on the net”)</font>
  • Boots & Tracks (RoW tournament scenarios)</font>
  • Andrew Fox (modding art)</font>
  • Keith Miller @ Scenario Depot</font>
  • Gordon Molek for his CMMOS utility</font>

Sponsor of the following Combat Mission tournaments:

</font>

"Visually, Afrika Korps ranges from the good to the hideous. Few gaming images are as satisfying as seeing a tank round find its mark and watching a Panzer break into flames. The graphics are still very blocky, however, with hills being a series of sharp angles and rough areas marked by the same jagged rocks wherever you are. Ironically, the blocky graphics look worst when applied to blocky things; the towns and cities are never really convincing."

From the review link posted above.

BUT the graphics ARE dated

The game engine is what? 4 years old now?

It would be an omission on the part of any reviewer not to mention that the graphics are blocky. Graphics are WHAT YOU SEE First.

We all KNOW there is a totally KICK ASS amour penetration model and tac AI and Strat AI AND a great code that you can't really see or "feel" until you play the game "deeply".

So 4.5 out 5 with a comment about blocky graphics sound REALLY positive then doesn't it ! smile.gif

Cheers

-tom w

"Visually, Afrika Korps ranges from the good to the hideous. Few gaming images are as satisfying as seeing a tank round find its mark and watching a Panzer break into flames. The graphics are still very blocky, however, with hills being a series of sharp angles and rough areas marked by the same jagged rocks wherever you are. Ironically, the blocky graphics look worst when applied to blocky things; the towns and cities are never really convincing."

From the review link posted above.

BUT the graphics ARE dated

The game engine is what? 4 years old now?

It would be an omission on the part of any reviewer not to mention that the graphics are blocky. Graphics are WHAT YOU SEE First.

We all KNOW there is a totally KICK ASS amour penetration model and tac AI and Strat AI AND a great code that you can't really see or "feel" until you play the game "deeply".

So 4.5 out 5 with a comment about blocky graphics sound REALLY positive then doesn't it ! smile.gif

Cheers

-tom w

You can't blame this guy for his criticism of the "blocky graphics".This guy reviews many games and sees the most up to date graphics available on all of the latest games.His criticism is relative to those other games of outstanding graphics regardless of game play.I personally have no problem with the graphics and CMAK is the best yet, but us "CM guys" are a different breed.We love realistic and historical gameplay,acurate data, and information.Then down the list of priorities is graphics.But we're not like the rest of the gaming community.We are in the minority.The rest of the world puts high emphasis and priority on graphics.BFC is smart enough to realize this and if they want to capture a larger market of consumers they will make the appropriate visual improvements.State of the art grahics is good for everybody,even the chart loving data freaks like myself(everyone likes eyecandy),it will increase the amount of dollars for BFC,with those dollars they can produce better games for all.Remember, a finely tuned Mercedez will not sell without an excellent paint job.

You can't blame this guy for his criticism of the "blocky graphics".This guy reviews many games and sees the most up to date graphics available on all of the latest games.His criticism is relative to those other games of outstanding graphics regardless of game play.I personally have no problem with the graphics and CMAK is the best yet, but us "CM guys" are a different breed.We love realistic and historical gameplay,acurate data, and information.Then down the list of priorities is graphics.But we're not like the rest of the gaming community.We are in the minority.The rest of the world puts high emphasis and priority on graphics.BFC is smart enough to realize this and if they want to capture a larger market of consumers they will make the appropriate visual improvements.State of the art grahics is good for everybody,even the chart loving data freaks like myself(everyone likes eyecandy),it will increase the amount of dollars for BFC,with those dollars they can produce better games for all.Remember, a finely tuned Mercedez will not sell without an excellent paint job.

"State of the art grahics is good for everybody,even the chart loving data freaks like myself(everyone likes eyecandy),it will increase the amount of dollars for BFC,with those dollars they can produce better games for all.

( smile.gif I like this part: )

Remember, a finely tuned Mercedez will not sell without an excellent paint job."

Good Point!!

I totally agree!

-tomw

"State of the art grahics is good for everybody,even the chart loving data freaks like myself(everyone likes eyecandy),it will increase the amount of dollars for BFC,with those dollars they can produce better games for all.

( smile.gif I like this part: )

Remember, a finely tuned Mercedez will not sell without an excellent paint job."

Good Point!!

I totally agree!

-tomw