Learning to make winter mods

Alexocar, using it now in a QB--looks great! Welcome to the modding world! Me, I'm just a humble modslut! :D

I'll happily download and use any winter mod you make. As Wicky said, you finish the Germans, Wicky does the Allies (AndrewTF does the winter white uni's(?) smile.gif ) and the rest of us design and/or playtest winter scenarios (I'm trying to recreate some Bulge CMBO battles and ops--sans the King Tiger :mad: )and woo hoo! we're living large!

It's always better to surprise people than disappoint. I'd say your debut is a success! :cool:

Thanks tooz. Now I feel how important is for a modder (or an apprentice like me), to receive advices, critics or comments.

That animate me to continue modding.

P.D. If you want to have a lot of whitewashed german vehicles faster for Ardennes scenaries, you can use the winter mods for CMBB, or at least the most of them (compatibles) as halftracks (sdkfz250 or 251) or reconaissance vehicles (psw222, 221, 223, 231 ... etc). I did it without problems. Later you can modify the mods.

If you want to have a lot of whitewashed german vehicles faster for Ardennes scenaries, you can use the winter mods for CMBB, or at least the most of them (compatibles) as halftracks (sdkfz250 or 251) or reconaissance vehicles (psw222, 221, 223, 231 ... etc). I did it without problems. Later you can modify the mods.
---Alexocar

Well, I began to fool around with some mods with mixed success. So far only AndrewTF's SS Winter Dot and SS Winter Oak mods proved successful. The others--particularly the Marders was unsuccessful. I really do not like going into the bmp's to delete anything, but, conversely I also don't want superfluous mods "swimming around" in the bmp file. I have a few winter QBs set up just for the purpose of checking the winter mods, and judging the reults.

The great news is that your four mods look terrific!!! So, I appreciate everything you (and Wicky) are doing right now. Also, what makes your mods different from the CMBB winter mods are that Wicky's and your mods are "snow covered" as opposed to "whitewashed". Hence, they are IMO, better suited for winter mods in CMAK.

Winter white uni mods appeals to me due to the completely different German uniforms in CMAK. Seeing guys in their camo or tan helmets run around in the snow makes things a little unsightly.

So, thanks for the tip (also junk2drive had offered similar advice) but my experience with the Marder mods (not appearing in my winter QBs) has made me proceed to cross over CMBB mods with much trepidation.

I'll wait, the results of your (and Wicky's)labor are worth it.

tooz and alex, yes its a pain to get bb and bo mods to work in ak. the early german stuff looks like black and white tv. i like the later yellow white. until,,,,,

alex started his series. great job. i had seen similar mods for bb and did not like them. now with wickys snow on green and your snow on camo, i have a different opinion.

last night i played going to town and with lime green bases and white unis, i cant find my usa troops in the trees lol

These two mods ARENT MINE.

I found these two mods which were made for CMBB. Unfortunately, I cant remember the author's

name.

Now you can enjoy with this two snow covered Tigers fully compatible for CMAK.

I like this snow covered winter scheme, and is similar to the mine. Thats the reason I have

posted it for the whole CM community.

Comments or critics to alexoscar29@hotmail.com

DIBUJO.JPG

Originally posted by alexoscar:

Working in winter mods although i have a lot to learn yet.

Firstly, Brumbar serie. In few days in www.cmmods.com

It would be a pleasure to receive advices or criticism.

Nice work Alexoscar ! smile.gif

Your work makes me remember those snow covered Sherman tanks in CMBO ! It was very impressive but, in my opinion, the tanks sometimes look like sugar covered waffles ! :D

It's my personnal felling, of course, and it's why I tend to prefer whitewashed vehicles. However, it would be interesting to test a mix both methods : an hasty whitewash StuG III, for example, with patches of snow...

The method I used for my Panthers was very simple : I added a layer over the yellow color, and painted it with white, trying to represent an hasty coat of paint made by crews on the battlefield.

Hope it could help you in your tests ! ;)

Thanks to everybody for critics or comments.

I supose you are right, Bogdan. I have to improve a lot my winter mods. I will continue working and its possible one day I find the correct combination between snow cover and other schemes.

I have decided that each mod I do since now, it will be done slowly and tested in depth before to be posted in cmmods.com

Sinceraly, I dont like the whitewashed tanks fo CMAK. I think they are more accurate for CMBB. Although all We have seen whitewashed photographies in West Front on December 1944.

This is my real objective. Modding CMAK to be able to make West Front scenaries in Belgium and Low Countries. (And I know that is important to change winter uniforms in CMAK to simulate West Europe, not Italy; I supose that later I will study this possibility)

Im conected from my portable computer and I cannot send big files until the weekend. See you guys.