CM Sniper Quiz

Originally posted by Nemesis Lead:

on every turn unbutton and then rebutton your tanks

I guess I must be more of a newbie than I thought.

Why is unbuttoning and buttoning better than just staying buttoned all the time?

I thought that things that you did before you hit "go" in the order segment had very little impact on anything during the actual turn (apart from the occasional "hide" order).

And I don't really like buttoning up all that much. It gets really hot and stuffy in those turrets, and my crews don't seem to react to new targets as quickly as they would if thew were fully exposed.

A tank that is already buttoned will decide to open up, quite easily, if the crew can't physically see a threat to the TC if he does. You as the player usually know far, far better what the threat level he faces, actually is. You can override his likely bonehead decision by opening and closing - that resets the clock on when to open up, effectively.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Philippe:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nemesis Lead:

on every turn unbutton and then rebutton your tanks

I guess I must be more of a newbie than I thought.

Why is unbuttoning and buttoning better than just staying buttoned all the time?

I thought that things that you did before you hit "go" in the order segment had very little impact on anything during the actual turn (apart from the occasional "hide" order).

And I don't really like buttoning up all that much. It gets really hot and stuffy in those turrets, and my crews don't seem to react to new targets as quickly as they would if thew were fully exposed. </font>