Cease Fire Button?

Guest BigAlMoho

Guest BigAlMoho

Hello,

Am I the only one to use the Cease Fire Button?

Every turn I ask myself if I would accept a cease fire right now... If the answer is yes, then I have the Cease Fire button on...

It seems that nobody I play against uses the button unless it is prearranged... This seems to me to miss the design intention of the button...

Any comments? BF.C?

Thanks

Al

The AI is notorious for accepting ceasefires. I used this a lot when I was playing one of Billtong's campaigns.

When the AI was attacking it had a veritable ****load of units which it would run like lemmings at the flags in its customary fashion.

You would usually be too short on ammo to kill all the attacking hordes so the best thing you could do was go for a ceasefire as soon as possible. As long as you were still sitting on all the flags you'd win handsomely (and set yourself up for another impossible task in the next game...).

Guest BigAlMoho
Originally posted by GenSplatton:

Why use it without discussing it with your opponent? If they never press it, it isn't doing you any good.

Exactly my point... Maybe pushing the button should have been designed to light an indicator on the opponents screen... That would simulate somebody walking out with a white flag to ask for the cease fire...

You may be thinking "This game is going nowhere" but your opponent maybe be thinkiing "At last after all my hard work my forces are ready to strike!!!" ... or alternately he might be thinking 'This game is going nowhere" too. The ceasefire button is a 'too dull to play' button by mutual consent.

What I want is a simple "End Game" button. The game stops dead with everybody in place so you can check how thing have gone up til that point. No 'cease fire' that the AI doesn't accept, no 'surrender' that makes revisiting the map afterward useless, just "End Game".

I do rather suspect, though, that that command would probably be able to be used for some pretty gamey cheat tactics.

[ January 16, 2004, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]