Highly Inflammable

The other night, I had this strange experience:

A Panzerschreck fired from inside a building and the blast from the weapon not only supressed the crew, but also set the building on fire. :eek:

I checked again, if the rocked might have impacted within the house, but the shot left the building and clearly hit the ground next to the actual target. Also there were no other units firing at the building at this turn. So I guess incidents like that are modeled in the CM engine?

I was watching combat footage last night (modern, not WWII) and couldn't help be impressed by the stout kick that comes out of the back of LAWs and RPGs when they're fired. I didn't look unreasonable to me that firing from within a closed space would be quite a body blow to the firer, and blasting burning rocket propellent into a room probably wouldn't be good for the drapes, either. ;):D

Originally posted by MikeyD:

blasting burning rocket propellent into a room probably wouldn't be good for the drapes, either.

Mother: "Heinrich! Don't use that thing in here!"

Son: "But Mom.."

Mother: "Remember what happened to the drapes last time!"

Son: "But Mom, there's a tank in front of the house!"

Mother: "If you want to play with your friends, go outside!"

Son: "But Mom!"

Mother: "Stop whining and do what you're being told! Fresh air won't hurt you!"

Son: "It's not the fresh air I'm worried about..."

:D:D:D

From personal experience shoulder firing AT4 and vehicle firing TOW missles, I can say without a doubt that they can do all of this and more. Even inside of a Bradley fighting vehicle firing these weapons isn't pleasent. Backblast is a serious safety issue and checking the BB is second only to finding a target. When the rocket launches, it sucks all the air (including the air in your lungs) out of the immediate area. Even wearing earplugs AND mouse ears, my head rang for about an hour afterwards. While the weapons I have used are relatively modern, the Panzerfaust/schrek would be pretty similar in effect.