UK Sherman MK III Late WIP by Cabe

yes it is pretty colorful. I have seen it many places now as I search. Last night I actually saw it on the cover of a book about ww2 camo... on ebay I think.

"I thought oh wow, there it is a again, at least I know it is definitely legit and not dreamed up."

I might tone down the green and tans. It is pretty bright right now.

Cabe, The pattern looks great. If you're leaning toward aesthetics over accuracy I think the toned down version looks better, even if the colors aren't as accurate.

Have you tried a lighter tone for the grey splotches and adding a touch more blue to make them pop? Because from a distance they look a little too dark even if they really aren't.

here it is with lighter blue splotches

Of course my in game setting have it set to a dark gamma. SO I have no idea what it will look like on your screen

I have tried to stay historically accurate and keep it easy on the eyes by weathering and scuffing it to keep it from looking like a birthday cake..... makes me wonder if this was an alpine winter camo scheme?

Doesn't say when I find shots of it.

darkertoneswithLighterbluesMKIII.jpg

My guess is, it's a mountain - or just plain mediterranian - scheme. Italy is pretty sandy in some parts. Remember, it's not that far away from Africa...

I think the blue spots try to simulate stones and the like. If you take in the dust and heat, it makes a pretty effective camo pattern in mountainous regions.