Best of the worst in the Cheery Waffle Thread

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mike

What's with this Feifdom game then - how do people end up with 2000 infantry, 1500 knights and 100 templars at really low scores and with bugger all buildings??

More to the point how come I don't?? :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I am so excited. I have a great Commonwealth armour tale to tell. However, I need someone to host about 10 to 15 pictures. Any ideas? It will be a trivia game of sorts.

I'm off to work in a few minutes. I'll post the whole message later this afternoon outside this looney bin in the regular CMAK forum.

Originally posted by Wallybob:

Dave. That plane shore can fly, cain't it?

Bwahaaahaaaaaaaaaa.

And you thought I was a treadhead.

Yeah, nothing like a few rockets to start things off on the wrong foot. :mad:

I hope when it flies over and strafes your men it does as much damage. tongue.gif

My troops still insist it's a P38J. Maybe it's really an A-10. Or it could be a Sopwith Camel. :rolleyes:

BDLRM setups sent to Mike and Lurkur last night. Snarker, I sent your turn to the address you gave above, too. The competition is fierce. I get to shoot lots and lots of Allied thingies. What could be better? :D:D

Originally posted by Thermopylae:

Crawling scum of tthe earth not fit to eat rancid leftovers, let alone lick my boots. :mad: ! :mad: ! :mad: !

P.S. You stink at ovverunning ifantry with tanks too.

Howw menny beerss hve yuuo hadd?

Well, they just posted the first scenario pics for Wartime Command. And here are the first couple of posts. This should be good for a laugh or three. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

wartime_DU21_3.jpg

ExplodingMonkey

A 57mm AT gun knocking off the turret of a Panzer IV?!!! ROFLMAO!! That gun crew should just concider itself lucky that it got a frontal armor penitration on a medium tank at all!!

That is the first shot of WTC that makes me think twice about this game. *shudders and hopes to wake from bad dream*

Wasser

ExplodingMonkey, when you think of an engagement distance here of 50-70m, I think it would have been quite easily possible to penetrate a PzIV up to version H and J. PzIV H and J had a frontal hull and turret armour of 80mm. I have no specs for the American 57mm AT-gun, but the the German 5cm Kwk39 L60 could penetrate up to 130mm armour at distances of 100m at an angle of 60° with the Panzergranatpatrone 40. With the near vertical armour of the PzIV a frontal penetration would be done quite easily. To blow off the turret I would guess that you need an explosion of the ammunition in the tank.....Just hit in the right spot.

But now my complain Ok, it is a still picture, but for an explosion of the ammunition the "PzIV-explosion" just looks ridicoulus. Smoke and dust is missing majorly!! Same counts for the explosion of the AT-gun......Hopefully -and I assume so- 1C will work on this kind of eyecandy in the coming months.

ExplodingMonkey

Bad choice of words on my part Wasser. What I mean by that is the US 57mm AT gun is not so powerful as say a Pak40 for example. The odds of shells shattering against the PZ IV's armor (or absorbing into it without penitration) are greater than say a more powerful AT gun would have. Now shell deflections would be uncommon in this situation due to the lack of sloped armor as you stated. But I am aware of that particular gun being effective at those ranges against that type of tank, however, to knock off a turret by sheer kinetic energy would be a 117% no no here. And turret blow offs from internal magazine stowage detonations should be relitivly rare IMHO. About 95% of all knocked out armor pics I have ever seen show the tanks in relitivly intact condition. The exceptions are massive hits from very powerful guns (Flak 88 at under 200m for example), or catastrophic burns after the KO to where the metal melts down to almost nothing (pics of burned out T72s from the '91 gulf war).

And yes, the explosion anamation looks silly. There should be dust/debris being kicked up and flung around. So far I don't like WTC's generic looking fireballs and explosions. Hopefully these are place holders for more eye pleasing and realistic effects.

This one looks like a big stinker.

*looks over shoulder for padlock police*

Originally posted by Snarker:

How come I can't delete your post, AxeMaggot!!!! It hurts my browser and makes me scroll. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Because I rule and you do not.

No turns from any of you maggots tonight. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by 86smopuim:

WTF is the name of the waffle alliance, and whos going to send me an invite?

300,000 tasty grains and 20,000 irons says we want to be freinds.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Fiefdom? Bah, humbug! I can't join alliances because my barbarians would go home. Not that I want to join one. tongue.gif

From Axe's "AFV aficionados" thread:

34225-10134.jpg

I think this is a picture of Axe teaching the poor kid some gamey chess tactics. "...and then as you're doing your pawn-rush you move in your uber-queen to pick off the stragglers, ..oh, and you can use the opponents' pieces that you've taken out as a screen for your stuff..."

tongue.gif :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Dave H:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 86smopuim:

WTF is the name of the waffle alliance, and whos going to send me an invite?

300,000 tasty grains and 20,000 irons says we want to be freinds.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Fiefdom? Bah, humbug! I can't join alliances because my barbarians would go home. Not that I want to join one. tongue.gif </font>