Anyone for tea?

cassh

In CMAK do the British and Commonwealth forces get an extra five minutes for a tea break in their battles? For a player who chooses commonwealth maybe in addition to 'surrender' and 'cease-fire' there should be an option for 'tea break' or 'get brew on', which temporarily halts the battle and allows routed and panicking troops to regroup! Ridiculous you say, well UKLF doctrine paper #458-BS-24 states: “ soldiers suffering from battle shock must be immediately exposed to the five stages of recovery; tea with four sugars”… lovely.

Also do we get a morale bonus modifier known as 'stiff upper lip' when we do something stupid and it all goes pear-shaped? British tactics such as charging cruiser tanks headlong into DAK 88's and 75's come to mind. This SUL modify might be needed to re-capture the historical quirk of our f*%$witism and bone tactics in 1941/2.

Originally posted by cassh:

In CMAK do the British and Commonwealth forces get an extra five minutes for a tea break in their battles? For a player who chooses commonwealth maybe in addition to 'surrender' and 'cease-fire' there should be an option for 'tea break' or 'get brew on', which temporarily halts the battle and allows routed and panicking troops to regroup! Ridiculous you say, well UKLF doctrine paper #458-BS-24 states: “ soldiers suffering from battle shock must be immediately exposed to the five stages of recovery; tea with four sugars”… lovely.

Also do we get a morale bonus modifier known as 'stiff upper lip' when we do something stupid and it all goes pear-shaped? British tactics such as charging cruiser tanks headlong into DAK 88's and 75's come to mind. This SUL modify might be needed to re-capture the historical quirk of our f*%$witism and bone tactics in 1941/2.

I think you are using a postwar paper to justify the inclusion of this; UK Land Forces were known then as The British Army. Not that postwar doctrine wasn't influenced heavily by wartime experience, of course, but the 5 sugar rule simply hadn't been codified yet in the way you suggest.

Don't lump the Canucks in with the prissy tea-swillers, either. A good hockey match would more than rejuvenate your average war weary company.

MD,

Not sure the 8th Army had the refrigeration capacity to set-up impromptu ice-rinks in North Africa, so purely on historical ground I cannot recommend this for any future patches that effect North Africa, although clearly you have good grounds for an amendment in Italy. Will you provide the “du..du..du..duda” organ music wav file for the background noise. Otherwise I feel without the sound of the hockey game the Axis play may think you’ve given up and don’t wont to play anymore? This needs further in depth discussion… will Indian troops stop for a quick game of Kabudi?

Originally posted by Ant:

There should be an extra squad added for the British: The brew-up squad. These would be indepandant teams which could be attached to platoons similarly to independant mortar and MG teams. Any platoon containing a brew-up team should get a morale bonus. smile.gif

You just have a Sherman trundle along - no need for an extra squad.

Originally posted by Ant:

There should be an extra squad added for the British: The brew-up squad. These would be indepandant teams which could be attached to platoons similarly to independant mortar and MG teams. Any platoon containing a brew-up team should get a morale bonus. smile.gif

I had a chat to a Pakistani cavalry officer a few years ago who had come off T-72s. Trying to appear like I knew what the frick I was talking about (always a struggle) I made some comment about how it must be tough doing maintenance with a three man crew. 'Oh, No,' he said 'We carry a spare man with each tank'.

AKA: the Track Basher but more importantly the Cha Wallah! Ties that bind. I'm not ashamed to say that a tear came to my eye...

Originally posted by Determinant:

I had a chat to a Pakistani cavalry officer a few years ago who had come off T-72s. Trying to appear like I knew what the frick I was talking about (always a struggle) I made some comment about how it must be tough doing maintenance with a three man crew. 'Oh, No,' he said 'We carry a spare man with each tank'.

I wonder where he rode, on the rear deck? It's kind of tight quarters inside those Russian tanks even with three, isn't it? Or would he ride in one of the company trucks?

Michael

[ November 27, 2003, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Michael Emrys ]

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Determinant:

I wonder where he rode, on the rear deck? It's kind of tight quarters inside those Russian tanks even with three, isn't it? Or would he ride in one of the company trucks?

Michael </font>

I read a book about Normandy once by a former 11th Armoured officer, and he described being impressed by the sight of a veteran 7th Armoured (Desert Rats) troop going into action - close enough to provide covering fire, spread out enough not to all get knocked out by the same 88, turrets turned to provide maximum cover etc., but what really impressed him was the professional way they had stowed their tea-making equipement.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Determinant:

Michael </font>