Melbourne CM gamers

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for tryng to fit me in but alas it will have to be the next time.

In terms of board gaming, there are two other regular board game groups I go to.

Gamers@ Dockers at the NAB building at Docklands every thursday night Website is

http://www.gamersatdockers.com/

The Victorian Diplomacy club meets every 3rd Sat from Feb to Nov at the Melbourne Uni Union House 2nd floor from noon to 6 pm

Both clubs are free to join.

Cheers and a Happy New Year to all

Chee-Yan

Hello Melbourne Gamers, anyone in this thread dabble in any of the following games?

HPS-Tobruk

HPS-Normandy

Schwerpunkt-AGW

SC-1

Tacops

CMBB (p'raps)

I'm tired of trying to tee up a game with people in incompatible time zones.

I reside in Reservoir Central Time :D

I know this is an AK thread, but figured most on this list may also play maps as well as minatures.

Originally posted by Zalgiris 1410:

I'll be there, never ever played Bowls in my life but I be there. The 3rd of Feb is good for me, by the way how will I know ya when I get there? :eek:

Last time we got together, Harry had a little picture of a tank on the table.

I think that's as good an indicator as anything else. smile.gif

[ January 21, 2006, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: Mace ]

Yair, I'll upgrade up to a T-34/85 for this one, shall I?

btw. Can we say "7pm for 7.30". If you're a little late and we've gone out to the green for a roll (booked from 7.30), I presume you can ask at the bar for the booking under "Harry Harrison" and they'll direct you to the right place.

AGENT SMITH, my god man, I'm just down the hill in Preston and I TOO am sick of looking for CM opponents in other TZs. Let's organise some rumbles!! I think we've crossed paths in the past, eh. How are the kids? I'm too lazy to read rules... CM is comfortably intuitive so it's pretty well the only game I play with. Also, I was a miniature gamer back in the 80s. Like the pretties of figures, which is the other reason I do CM. Eeemm me and we'll swap phone numbers and see what we can sort out. Maybe you can expand my horizons. I wouldn't mind fighting something above battalion level.

Also, you likely to come along to the bowls club for a squash?

@Harry.

Probably can't make bowls night, although regularly cycle past on way to RMIT. I'll be busy getting lectures ready. I hope you get a good turn out. I have always found grognards a fairly solitary lot! (myself included). Last time our paths crossed, some 2+ years ago you kicked my arse when my german squads ran into a church and were promptly mown down by all your ruskis. Don't think I ever got over it. Grew attached to those little dudes sneaking around in the hills; a bit like 'The Sims-WWII'!

I'm currently awaiting "Anglo-German War" from schwerpunkt, any day now. and that's going to distract me for a month or two. But as the days begin to darken and the temperature drops, I might dust off the CMBB disks and get setup for some more kick arse.

...kids are well, too young for hotseat play!

...good to see you managed to get a computer. I hope this one is permanent!

IS TODAY. SEE YOU ALL AROUND 7PMish in the club house. We'll move out for the bowls/futher chat/drink bit @7.30, okie doke?!

Erm... I'll cartoon up a tank like Mace suggested. Also, after 7.30 we'll be out on the green booked for Harry Harrison.

[ February 02, 2006, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: HarryInk ]

Originally posted by BulletRat:

****in pissed off! :mad: :mad: :mad:

You're telling me...I was looking forward to meet the infamous Bulletrat.

btw I also learnt not to go to a hard drinking Departmental Social Club Happy Hour immediately prior to a CM get together.

Twas fun but. I also learnt I can't lawnbowl for ****. <g>

Excellent that Rob was hammered. I got to bowl better than him! hehe Otherwise I'd be f*&^%ed.

And most excellent to meet Agent Smith who whipped out his laptop to introduce me to an array of gaming addiction I wouldn't dare have previously dreamed of!

Was ace to see Mace again. Bulletrat, tsk tsk. ;) And Zalgiris, is work more important than lawn bowls? *arch eyebrow* Fellas, I'm keen to meet again late March. Same format (cos it's easy and silly). Like to see Chee Yan and Hunter.

If I can figure how how to put a pic up on my webspace, I'll post a happy pic. They're never pretty but they excite curiousity, don't they?

Sorry guys, aint funnin with ya but I literally have $0 in my account - actually, $3 in debit so until monday (when I can strangle my boss) I'll be kickin around home. :(

If any of you lads are making the trip to pucka I may see yas there - and with a bit o luck the Impala might be regoed by then too, so it be cruising time! :D