SS in game thanks SCHOERNER

vincere

Just like to thank SCHOERNER and CM MODS for the patch to allow SS in my CDV (Euro) version.

Also give a heads-up to new European guys about the patch: just search CM Mods database for SS.

What the hell's going on with that law anyway. When China bans historical games beacuse of their representation of Nationalist China it made the UK National press. But having SS in games is hardly likely to convert many to be Nazis :eek:

[ September 13, 2005, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: vincere ]

So everything they did before and after is forgotten en forgiven, just not spoken about, the Germans call them liberators today, our Queen has those chinese s.o.b. for dinner and she feels sorry for Irak but not for Tibet. In Holland we call that "political correct behaviour".

To me there's no difrence between the swastika and communist symbols. But hell, I'm just a nobody playing CM.

junk2drive

Before this gets locked, be sure to look at his other mods too. I use the red North marker and German portrait mods.
Thank you for the heads up. I rather cowardly edited my lame attempt at 'Dr Strangelove' irony because it's so easy for some to get on a soapbox about these things.

How's the Vietnam modding going?

Originally posted by vincere:

By the way i think I'm becoming a MOD slut. Got SS uniforms so I'll quickly reconise if they show up. Us infantry uniforms 'cause I'm mostly playing as them right now. And weapond pack seemed useful.

Any must haves to recommend?

Also a biggy: do they slow processing?

MikeyD shermans

Andrew Tf infantry mods

aristoteles tank mods

might wanna check out MikeyD pillboxes and Tanks a Lot bunkers

other then that just go looking through the lists.

Must haves:

Italian last seen icon

Ed's marsh, summer trees, bunkers, wheat, water

Juju modslutsmak, craters, sandbags, bridges,

MickeyD mystery sound contact tank, rubble

Gyrene RR tracks

SCHOERNER_GERMANUNITPICS, kompass

Philippe wire (CMHQ)

Mark Gallear menu icons

Bergman assault boat (CMHQ)

Do a forum search for "must have" for more.

Originally posted by painfbat:

So everything they did before and after is forgotten en forgiven, just not spoken about, the Germans call them liberators today, our Queen has those chinese s.o.b. for dinner and she feels sorry for Irak but not for Tibet. In Holland we call that "political correct behaviour".

To me there's no difrence between the swastika and communist symbols. But hell, I'm just a nobody playing CM.

Me too. We don't make the rules, we just have to deal with them. I actually kinda think the Communists were a bit less nasty than the German Facists, but that's just my personal opinion. It really doesn't make a lot of sense to forbid Nazi/SS references in a computer game about land combat in WW2, but that's the way it is.

Fortunately there are heroic modders out there that give us the tools to reverse this silliness.

A bit less nasty! Are you serious?? Stalin sent millions of his own people to their deaths. I've seen estimates of close to 50 million Russians dying because a nutcase took over power. Don't even get me started on the deal Stalin and Hitler offered each other or the Western Allies not doing anything to discourage the Russians from invading Poland as well!

When I came home from work yesterday there was an interview with Simon Wiesenthal on Dutch television (from the early 90's). He was asked about Stalin and Hitler and came with this remark:

Hitler told what is was going to do, nobody believed him.

Stalin lied about what he was doing, everybody believed him.

Originally posted by vincere:

By the way i think I'm becoming a MOD slut. Got SS uniforms so I'll quickly reconise if they show up. Us infantry uniforms 'cause I'm mostly playing as them right now. And weapond pack seemed useful.

Any must haves to recommend?

Also a biggy: do they slow processing?

Check out the ASL mods at CMMODS if you want easy to recognize unit symbols. :D