New operation posted...

patboy

Originally posted by Heinrich505:

Patboy,

Looks interesting, but do you have a translation for it? My high school French is pretty rusty.

Heinrich505

Thanks for your interrest! Yes I can translate some info.

Historical backgroud :

24 August 1944 retreat from Normandy "Der Rückmarsch" for the German forces after the Falaise pocket was shut, each bridge is a target for USAF and RAF, some floating boat bridges are built by German pionners. Elements of 7 th British armored push towards the Seine river trying to encircle the remnant of German Divisions.

This operation is very, very interresting, why ?

First, when CMBO gave advantage to attackers, CMAK give advantage to defenders.

Second, the map is lovely and historical.

Third, each short battle (5) is not to longer(15 tours).

Best player is Allies vs IA or better H2H.

Victory condition is for the Allies to reach the "Seine" river bank or for a total victory to cross the "Seine" river. For the Germans is to stop the Allies before they reach the river bank.

Pat

Thanks patboy and a general all-round thanks to all the other great CMx1 scen/op designers past and present for supporting this great gaming platform and keeping it alive (as it should be)with new and interesting researched historical scenarios and operations that I continue to find to be so rewarding to play. :D

I have really started taking to playing HUGE historical operations with special "Play-where they-lay" rules (all H2H of course) which I have developed in conjunction with several of my trusty opponents. It makes operatiosn play out to be more realistic and continuos (esp. when it comes to deployment/arrival or reinforcements). If you are interested in seeing these rules, I will happily make them available for download. They are not long or tedious...perhaps a page or two of basic rules mainly relating to setups. Both players must self regulate and abide by the rules.

One thing to consider with these rules though...an operation played out using the intrinsic CMx1 "free-for all" inter-battle setup woudl probably play out MUCH more differently than the rules we have come up with.

Lt Bull

OK. You can download the PDF here:

Lt Bull's CM Operation Rules v1.0.pdf

Let me know how you go. Any kind of feedback is welcome.

As I have already said, playing an operation with these rules, as well as DESIGNING an operation specifically for these rules, could potentially open up more interesting possibilities for regular opertation gameplay and outcome.

Lt Bull

[ November 12, 2007, 01:08 AM: Message edited by: Lt Bull ]