CMAK online campaign is about to commence

Hopefully the campaign will start mid-may, but as I`ve mentioned before, I´m not part of the designing team. (I just recently enlisted, and chose the role of commander of 3rd batt/40th inf reg of 25th Bologna division, hence the signature...)

If your intrested you might want to contact the founder via the website (link above). I´ve gotten the impression that anyone is welcome to contribute -either just as a player or as designer+player.

But, once again, better contact the designing team for information

/25Bologna

Hi,

Congratulations on a very professional looking site.

Sadly, I do no have time to take part in this sort of game, put follow them with interest. I see that a couple of software tools have been designed to help run the campaign. I would be hugely interested in seeing what they are.

When I had time I was heavily involved in CMMC and have not lost interest in these campaign games. I am hopeful that the new engine will be more readily adaptable to campaigns. But until then, I am very keen to see how others manage campaigns with the current engine.

Good luck with things.

All the best,

Kip.

The campaign should start at the end of May and the rules should be published by next weekend as it can be read on the campaign official site:

We are now taking applications for members. We are filling up quickly so if you are intersted get your app in asap. We are down to about 15 open spots if that. Hope to hear from you all soon. Rules page will be up by weekend and other goodies before then. The campaign will kick off its first turn at the end of May so there is time to get in guys, dont wait. Glenn Wade founder
Peppe

Originally posted by kipanderson:

Sadly, I do no have time to take part in this sort of game, put follow them with interest.

What kind of a time commitment is required to participate in an online campaign? It sounds like a lot of fun, however, I don't want to get in over my head--and most of all I don't want to hold people up.

Cheers,

J

Firstly, I would like to point out that I'm not the founder nor the administrator of this campaign. I just applied for the command of an Axis infantry battalion and my request was fulfilled so all the following is what I assume and what I expect the campaign to be on the basis of the several clues I found around.

There should be several roles: army commander, division commander and battalion commander. There's also an hexagon map of North Africa where, I guess, the strategical planners (army and division commanders) have to deploy and move, according to the forthcoming rules, the available battalions. Once two enemy units enter the same hexagon, the tactical commanders (the battalion commanders) enter the playing field and fight that specific engagement through CMAK.

All the battalions have their specific and historically correct TO&E. I applied for the Axis side so I gained access through a userid and a password to the Axis HQ of the site where I can read all the available units, their TO&E's and their commanders of my side. In our HQ (and, I presume, also in the Allied HQ) there's a forum and a chat room where I can meet the other officers and can discuss about our tactics and general strategies.

I know the available battalions for the Axis side but I cannot talk about them as I could reveal some important information to the enemy.

Anyway, if someone is interested, he can apply. Once the application is accepted then he can choose one of the remaining vacant commands.

As for the time commitment, I think we should wait for the official rules to come out this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

GreenAs Jade:

This is taken from another popular "Online Campaign" the Combat Mission Meta Campaign (CMMC)

"The idea behind CMMC 2 is to create a friendly game that simulates operational level warfare on the eastern front during WW II. CMMC2 will be a single operation based on a historical situation, but will vary details to create the uncertainty that exists in any military operation. CMMC 2 will use Battle Front’s “Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin “to simulate tactical combat. The operational aspects will be governed by the CMMC rules that have been used for the previous CMMC games, adjusted for the eastern front."

Basically, it's an "offline" boardgame style operational level game, with the actual battles fought by CM players, instead of resolution through points or dice or whatever other system. It puts many small CM battles in a larger context, offers a certain roleplaying aspect, and generally makes for an engaging, long term game series.