M-13/40 rules over A-10s and A-13s cruiser tanks

antawar

I just played a scenario I designed myself.. a company of A-10s against a company of M-13/40. The best result that the allies had was a tactical defeat where they lost all their tanks and the italians had only 5 left with two gun damaged. I played it many times and the results were always in the italian's favor. The big difference is the behind-armor effect of the 47m gun installed on the italian tanks. Most of the time, they only need 1 hit to disable (and even put on fire) a british tank. The british need 3/4 penetrating hits before disabling an italian tank. The two pounder is really puny as far as killing power is concerned.

I also tried the 75mm AA gun that the italian have. Two of those guns accounted for 16 Mathilda II tanks destroyed, many brewed up. I replayed my test scenario (featuring a bataillon sized attack from the british) 3 times and every time the 75mm rules the mathildas. Need to kill Mathildas as the italian player, pick a 75mm AA(one got 14 kills in the first replay).

I'm awaiting your comments.

Good night

Have to agree with antawar. So far, it's been my experience that the M13/40 can take a few hits from a 2pdr and keep on ticking --- but the early Cruisers (up to the A13), are usually put out of action after one hit from a 47mm.

Going hull-down with a Cruiser only makes it worse: If you don't get KO'd out-right, you'll usually end up with a Gun Damaged or Shocked result.

Pheasant Plucker put out his own Beda Fomm scenario a little while back. I recommend it as a good testing ground for the M13 vs Cruiser argument.

[slap] okay Wisbech-lad [slap] back, back I say, there is the madmatt special rule number 49 ya know.

"After two years lurkers are deemed unredeemable"

[slap] so back you go to lurkdom.

Actually I rather like the Italian tanks, you can win a fight with them and they have good MGs against infantry - plus if you lose you have a valid excuse!

[slap] okay Wisbech-lad [slap] back, back I say, there is the madmatt special rule number 49 ya know.

"After two years lurkers are deemed unredeemable"

[slap] so back you go to lurkdom.

Actually I rather like the Italian tanks, you can win a fight with them and they have good MGs against infantry - plus if you lose you have a valid excuse!