Weird delays

Sven

I'm playing a campaign right now, where my units are behaving weird. A tank I have is given order to move, and the display says 5 secs delay. The whole turn passes, the tank doesn't move. Next order phase he has 23 secs remaining. It's a Veteran, independent tank. Any clue why?

Same battle: a couple of MG42s are order to come out of hiding and start firing. (All target lines are clear) - still they don't fire, and remain hidden... getting killed in the process.

It's a night battle, and the campaign briefing says the units are exhausted (but that's not shown in the unit display in any way)

Why???

Originally posted by Sven:

I'm playing a campaign right now, where my units are behaving weird. A tank I have is given order to move, and the display says 5 secs delay. The whole turn passes, the tank doesn't move. Next order phase he has 23 secs remaining. It's a Veteran, independent tank. Any clue why?

Same battle: a couple of MG42s are order to come out of hiding and start firing. (All target lines are clear) - still they don't fire, and remain hidden... getting killed in the process.

It's a night battle, and the campaign briefing says the units are exhausted (but that's not shown in the unit display in any way)

Why???

What were the exact orders you gave? You need to be more specific, because the only information you give is what you want the unit to do, instead of what you told it to do, it makes for better communication ;) .

And if it keeps happening, save the turn and send it to BFC.

Can you post some screenshots of the units presenting you with problems or send them to me for posting if you cannot.

Are you sure the MG squads aren't pinned?

What distance, over what terrain and with how many waypoints have you set in the tank orders?

Why???

Why???

Try using the command:Shift-G which will describe the status of your units on the map.

It's possible your tank has become bogged and if your units are panicked you can't give orders to them until they recover obviously.

Well, I just noticed something. I can't believe I've never seen this - has it been there all the time? But time adds up every time I right-click to order movement.

As for the MG:s, Maybe it was one of those "the-command-line-says-you have-LOS-but-you-don't" kind of things.

Well, I just noticed something. I can't believe I've never seen this - has it been there all the time? But time adds up every time I right-click to order movement.

As for the MG:s, Maybe it was one of those "the-command-line-says-you have-LOS-but-you-don't" kind of things.

If you click on the 'Hotkeys' button you will be shown a list of various commands. The delay time is due to the quality of your units with a conscript having the longest delay and Elite the shortest and also whether you are in command of a HQ or not.

I'd suggest also you spend some time with the manual or read the PDF file which should be installed on your PC, as it is there for our benefit afterall. ;)