support weapons in buildings....

Hello one and all...

i may have been a little slow on this one dare say its been noticed ...

while doing a battle map i placed all the trees buildings etc and started to place the units... after i had set up i needed to tweek the map a little so moved some rubble a round i preview the map to find a pak40 sat in the middle of the rubble (no pic sorry but try for yourself) now i know the game will not let you place anything bigger than a mg/morter in certain terrain ie tanks in rubble and AT guns in rubble/buildings

it would seem that after the unit is placed and you plonk rubble etc over the top it stays.. have tryed it with tanks only got the tank to move out the rubble twice seems to get stuck...

and placed a bunker in a large house after the house was destroyed the bunker still sat nice and fine...with extra cover point to notice the unit has to be placed close to the outside wall to be able to spot

happy hunting

Originally posted by Rabidbvr:

Hello one and all...

i may have been a little slow on this one dare say its been noticed ...

while doing a battle map i placed all the trees buildings etc and started to place the units... after i had set up i needed to tweek the map a little so moved some rubble a round i preview the map to find a pak40 sat in the middle of the rubble (no pic sorry but try for yourself) now i know the game will not let you place anything bigger than a mg/morter in certain terrain ie tanks in rubble and AT guns in rubble/buildings

it would seem that after the unit is placed and you plonk rubble etc over the top it stays.. have tryed it with tanks only got the tank to move out the rubble twice seems to get stuck...

and placed a bunker in a large house after the house was destroyed the bunker still sat nice and fine...with extra cover point to notice the unit has to be placed close to the outside wall to be able to spot

happy hunting

Yeah, I seem to remember a certain gamey Waffler posting a screenshot of a bunker inside a large house a while back.

Hello one and all..

I have seen a trench in a building but never AT guns have done a test on the pak40 its cover dropped down to 21% and i had inf run past it and a sherman park 20m away still not spotted

will play around with it tanks in buildings is really a no no... but support weapons /armor in rubble has a more real feel...

happy hunting

It a very good technique to surprize players. I use that to put mines in buildings (booby trapped)in fords and various crew served weapons into building. Recently I put French 25mm anti-tank guns inside some buildings for the May 15th, 1940 operation - why? The Germans had noted the placing of such small guns into barns and other small structures.

I think the meanest thing I ever did was to put a dugin tank without main gun ammo into side a house-talk about a fortified MG post!

Has always been like that. And I don't think its generally looked at as a 'bug' either. I recall there's a nice city fighting scenario from the now-famous CMBB Stalingrad Pack that had a pillbox embedded into the corner of a house. I think I've accidentally dropped a house or two on top of a Panther during scenario construction! Just like in the Wizard of Oz! :D;)