Gods! It's hot as Berli's breath out here... the Challenge is not sinking Peng deep

Originally posted by dalem:

I want a good Scottish insult. A good Scottish insulting pronoun. Something that'll get the point across without getting a face bashed in.

Well there's Doolie, Dough-Heid, Glaikit, Numpty, Baw-heid and of course Heid the baw...

They are all words I used or heard while growing up in Glasgow. They all mean "stupid" but some are more offensive than others, so if you ever visit, please be careful..........

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a good Scottish insult. A good Scottish insulting pronoun. Something that'll get the point across without getting a face bashed in.

Well there's Doolie, Dough-Heid, Glaikit, Numpty, Baw-heid and of course Heid the baw...

They are all words I used or heard while growing up in Glasgow. They all mean "stupid" but some are more offensive than others, so if you ever visit, please be careful..........

Originally posted by Buzzsaw:

Lars and I had a couple of games. I think we ended up splitting them, and I would suggest a rubber match, but I’m worried he’ll get overly excited if I suggest anything involving a “rubber”.

Where you been Buzz? Still tramatized from Crodaburg?

You're on the list for CMAK. After a long, hot slog across the desert, I shall have your troops shot ten feet from the watering hole.

SSN Hint Of The Day: Kvetch.

Now sod off.

Originally posted by Buzzsaw:

Lars and I had a couple of games. I think we ended up splitting them, and I would suggest a rubber match, but I’m worried he’ll get overly excited if I suggest anything involving a “rubber”.

Where you been Buzz? Still tramatized from Crodaburg?

You're on the list for CMAK. After a long, hot slog across the desert, I shall have your troops shot ten feet from the watering hole.

SSN Hint Of The Day: Kvetch.

Now sod off.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

I've just now gotten back from the architects...

Here's what they came up with and they assure me that it's the "going thing" in hedonistic-pre-Christian-pagan worship-style religions.

CH1_F4.JPG

The third tier also has a fine multi-purpose room that can be rented out for wedding receptions and bar mitzvah's.

Ample parking in the rear and we're fairly certain that if you throw around some baksheesh, we might be able to get the zoning commision to look the other way. I'd tell you more, but I've got the decorator coming over, a Mr. Morte of Guernica, and it's never wise to keep him waiting.

NO! NO BAR MITZVAH'S! The entire concept makes me uneasy. In the future, the Bris will be accomplished by polar bear after death. So it shall be done in the Church of Seanachai! yes, write that down, R Leete

The Zoning Commission will bow to my will, or be smitten! Or, ummm, I'll smite them, rather. I don't want them fancying me, just solidly whacked with deific power.

And that reminds me! Abominations! We haven't had any lately, but someone reminded me:

2 Mullets are an Abomination in the eyes of Seanachai! All those who wear their hair like they should be shouting out 'Play Freebird' at a concert (any concert, even Classical) are unclean, and shall not enter my Kingdom.

3 Pants that have their crotch down around the knees are an Abomination in the eyes of Seanachai! And Seanachai spoke, and said: I don't care how much room you'd like to think you need for your tackle, you little weiners, you look like pillocks. And since it's bloody well impossible to run in 'gangsta' pants, they're a poor fashion choice for the criminal set.

4 Radio Shock Jocks are an Abomination before Seanachai! And on that day when the Kingdom of Seanachai shall come to pass, they shall be rounded up and put to some socially useful and productive work, like picking up garbage along the roadside, or dog-grooming, or inner-city pigeon control.

All take note of these, the newest round of Abominations, and mark them well!

[ October 23, 2003, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

I've just now gotten back from the architects...

Here's what they came up with and they assure me that it's the "going thing" in hedonistic-pre-Christian-pagan worship-style religions.

CH1_F4.JPG

The third tier also has a fine multi-purpose room that can be rented out for wedding receptions and bar mitzvah's.

Ample parking in the rear and we're fairly certain that if you throw around some baksheesh, we might be able to get the zoning commision to look the other way. I'd tell you more, but I've got the decorator coming over, a Mr. Morte of Guernica, and it's never wise to keep him waiting.

NO! NO BAR MITZVAH'S! The entire concept makes me uneasy. In the future, the Bris will be accomplished by polar bear after death. So it shall be done in the Church of Seanachai! yes, write that down, R Leete

The Zoning Commission will bow to my will, or be smitten! Or, ummm, I'll smite them, rather. I don't want them fancying me, just solidly whacked with deific power.

And that reminds me! Abominations! We haven't had any lately, but someone reminded me:

2 Mullets are an Abomination in the eyes of Seanachai! All those who wear their hair like they should be shouting out 'Play Freebird' at a concert (any concert, even Classical) are unclean, and shall not enter my Kingdom.

3 Pants that have their crotch down around the knees are an Abomination in the eyes of Seanachai! And Seanachai spoke, and said: I don't care how much room you'd like to think you need for your tackle, you little weiners, you look like pillocks. And since it's bloody well impossible to run in 'gangsta' pants, they're a poor fashion choice for the criminal set.

4 Radio Shock Jocks are an Abomination before Seanachai! And on that day when the Kingdom of Seanachai shall come to pass, they shall be rounded up and put to some socially useful and productive work, like picking up garbage along the roadside, or dog-grooming, or inner-city pigeon control.

All take note of these, the newest round of Abominations, and mark them well!

[ October 23, 2003, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Damn double posts!

Simply a delicious response, Seanachai, for a mere American. Too bad your level of discussion has brought the whole pallor of this thread down. It used to be such a fine thread, before it started being all about peanut butter, peanut butter, peanut butter.

But altogether I'd rate everything I liked about it very high, with Ori, Dori, and Nori scoring very well indeed, lands sakes.

- the Black Turd

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Damn double posts!

Simply a delicious response, Seanachai, for a mere American. Too bad your level of discussion has brought the whole pallor of this thread down. It used to be such a fine thread, before it started being all about peanut butter, peanut butter, peanut butter.

But altogether I'd rate everything I liked about it very high, with Ori, Dori, and Nori scoring very well indeed, lands sakes.

- the Black Turd

Originally posted by YK2:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

They are all words I used or heard while growing up in Glasgow. They all mean "stupid" but some are more offensive than others, so if you ever visit, please be careful.......... </font>

They are all words I used or heard while growing up in Glasgow. They all mean "stupid" but some are more offensive than others, so if you ever visit, please be careful.......... </font>

Originally posted by Lars:

And rest assured that any visit to Scotland by me will NOT be involving any insults by said me to residents of said Scotland.

Why go then? </font>

And rest assured that any visit to Scotland by me will NOT be involving any insults by said me to residents of said Scotland.

Why go then? </font>

Ah, Crodaburg, I had almost forgoten that horror of a scenario.

CMAK at 10 paces it is then. I tried starting on the mass graves for your troops last evening, but its damn hard to dig in this sand. Is it OK if I just leave the corpses piled on the highest dune to be stipped clean by sand storms?

Ah, Crodaburg, I had almost forgoten that horror of a scenario.

CMAK at 10 paces it is then. I tried starting on the mass graves for your troops last evening, but its damn hard to dig in this sand. Is it OK if I just leave the corpses piled on the highest dune to be stipped clean by sand storms?

"Doolie." Dooley's was the name of a college bar I hated. You know, back in college. Have to skip that one.

"Baw-heid".

Hmmm. "Glaikit." Hmm.

Well thanks for those. Hard to pick a favorite, really - they are all good. And rest assured that any visit to Scotland by me will NOT be involving any insults by said me to residents of said Scotland.

That'ud be just rude.

I am sure that your arrival in Scotland would be insult enough (not to mention, a violation of your parole).

Unfortunately, several years of summer camp at the Northern Idaho school of Bagpiping didn’t teach me any useful Scottish insults (other than my ear-splitting attempts at playing their national instrument). Those weren’t real Scots up there anyways – I always felt that I was training to be part of the Dragoons Division of the Aryan Nation.

Scottish food, in general, is ripe for mockery. (I am reminded of Mike Myers' claim that “all Scottish cuisine is based on a dare”.) I would have thought that no one could out do the Kiwis when it came to stuffing a sheep’s digestive system with distasteful things, but I’m afraid the Scots have them beat. Entire civilizations have perished from famine before it occurred to anyone to eat animal lung, but somehow the Scots have made it part of their national dish.

"Doolie." Dooley's was the name of a college bar I hated. You know, back in college. Have to skip that one.

"Baw-heid".

Hmmm. "Glaikit." Hmm.

Well thanks for those. Hard to pick a favorite, really - they are all good. And rest assured that any visit to Scotland by me will NOT be involving any insults by said me to residents of said Scotland.

That'ud be just rude.

I am sure that your arrival in Scotland would be insult enough (not to mention, a violation of your parole).

Unfortunately, several years of summer camp at the Northern Idaho school of Bagpiping didn’t teach me any useful Scottish insults (other than my ear-splitting attempts at playing their national instrument). Those weren’t real Scots up there anyways – I always felt that I was training to be part of the Dragoons Division of the Aryan Nation.

Scottish food, in general, is ripe for mockery. (I am reminded of Mike Myers' claim that “all Scottish cuisine is based on a dare”.) I would have thought that no one could out do the Kiwis when it came to stuffing a sheep’s digestive system with distasteful things, but I’m afraid the Scots have them beat. Entire civilizations have perished from famine before it occurred to anyone to eat animal lung, but somehow the Scots have made it part of their national dish.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Damn double posts!

</font>