Another scoring curiousness...

Look at the differences in force Size. The Allies started the Game with 354 men, and took 344 casualties before it was all over. The Axis started with only 50 men, and took only 8 casualties.

There are any number of situations that could create this, especially playing against the AI. Sturmtigers vs. a large enemy infantry force in open terrain is one possibility. So is lots of really powerful artillery against a massed AI infantry force.

Cheers,

YD

Look at the differences in force Size. The Allies started the Game with 354 men, and took 344 casualties before it was all over. The Axis started with only 50 men, and took only 8 casualties.

There are any number of situations that could create this, especially playing against the AI. Sturmtigers vs. a large enemy infantry force in open terrain is one possibility. So is lots of really powerful artillery against a massed AI infantry force.

Cheers,

YD

Originally posted by YankeeDog:

Cheers,

YD

Except that's points scored by the allies for causing 8 casualties - the Allies have suffered no casualties.

That's 43 points per man, which is pretty pricey.

Originally posted by YankeeDog:

Cheers,

YD

Except that's points scored by the allies for causing 8 casualties - the Allies have suffered no casualties.

That's 43 points per man, which is pretty pricey.

Look again YD, no 344 men, just 10. Your confused with victory points.

It's got to be a high value support weapon like HMGs etc. No crewed weapons though, as you could knock out a mortar/cannon with sharpshooters. Crews aren't worth enough I think, so no scragging of TCs I'd think. Hmmmm.

*dammit FK* :mad:

Edited again to ask:

Does killing of TCs get awarded with the victory points of a crew unit or does it take a % from the value of the vehicle as victory points?

[ March 18, 2005, 07:35 AM: Message edited by: Elmar Bijlsma ]

Look again YD, no 344 men, just 10. Your confused with victory points.

It's got to be a high value support weapon like HMGs etc. No crewed weapons though, as you could knock out a mortar/cannon with sharpshooters. Crews aren't worth enough I think, so no scragging of TCs I'd think. Hmmmm.

*dammit FK* :mad:

Edited again to ask:

Does killing of TCs get awarded with the victory points of a crew unit or does it take a % from the value of the vehicle as victory points?

[ March 18, 2005, 07:35 AM: Message edited by: Elmar Bijlsma ]

Whups, you all are right. I looked too quickly and got things completely backwards. That's what I get for posting before my morning coffee. redface.gif

Vehicles, guns, etc. would all show on the scorecard, so no tanks or whatever were KOed.

Since fortifications and spotters have already been excluded, I would have to jump on the Sharpshooter wagon. Another thought is that whatever the 8 casualties are, the point total could be further magnified if it was an exit zone scenario, and the units killed were eligible for exit points. But I don't remember if there is any specific notation of exit points on the AAR screen. I don't think so, but it's been a while since I played an exit zone scenario.

Edited: Damn, you'd think I would have learned the first time to read more closely. Exit zone has already been excluded, too. . .

Cheers,

YD

Whups, you all are right. I looked too quickly and got things completely backwards. That's what I get for posting before my morning coffee. redface.gif

Vehicles, guns, etc. would all show on the scorecard, so no tanks or whatever were KOed.

Since fortifications and spotters have already been excluded, I would have to jump on the Sharpshooter wagon. Another thought is that whatever the 8 casualties are, the point total could be further magnified if it was an exit zone scenario, and the units killed were eligible for exit points. But I don't remember if there is any specific notation of exit points on the AAR screen. I don't think so, but it's been a while since I played an exit zone scenario.

Edited: Damn, you'd think I would have learned the first time to read more closely. Exit zone has already been excluded, too. . .

Cheers,

YD

Vehicles wouldn't show up on the scorecard unless KO-ed. I just tested it on elite Tigers and by killing 1 TC and wounding 4 I got 349 points and no Tigers showing up on the scorecard. So it's most likely from a fairly expensive vehicle or gun.

But what exactly is near impossible to figure out, too many possibilities.

Vehicles wouldn't show up on the scorecard unless KO-ed. I just tested it on elite Tigers and by killing 1 TC and wounding 4 I got 349 points and no Tigers showing up on the scorecard. So it's most likely from a fairly expensive vehicle or gun.

But what exactly is near impossible to figure out, too many possibilities.

Good! Solution:

The 'battle' was between 10 regular tigers and 10 snipers with 8 Tank Commander killed. Each tank commander of a tiger has a incredible value of 43 points! So 8*43 = 344 points!

The value of a tank commander is:

Value of the tank (without rarity)/ Number of CrewMembers

(for the Tiger was 215/5=43)

:D

Good! Solution:

The 'battle' was between 10 regular tigers and 10 snipers with 8 Tank Commander killed. Each tank commander of a tiger has a incredible value of 43 points! So 8*43 = 344 points!

The value of a tank commander is:

Value of the tank (without rarity)/ Number of CrewMembers

(for the Tiger was 215/5=43)

:D

Wow. I knew TCs were worth a fair amount of points, but I never realized it as THAT much. :eek:

Also very interesting that the cost of the TC goes up with the cost of the tank.

Definitely makes it even more worthwhile to go headhunting when fighting high-value German Uber-kitties.

Cheers,

YD

Wow. I knew TCs were worth a fair amount of points, but I never realized it as THAT much. :eek:

Also very interesting that the cost of the TC goes up with the cost of the tank.

Definitely makes it even more worthwhile to go headhunting when fighting high-value German Uber-kitties.

Cheers,

YD

Yup, came as a bit of a surprise to me too. Frankly it's a bit much to me. A TC(or any other crewman) shouldn't be worth 1/5 of the Tiger.

Perhaps this will be reviewed with 1:1 modelling where CMx2 would no doubt be better at keeping track of crewmen so probably could deal better with their worth when lost too.

Yup, came as a bit of a surprise to me too. Frankly it's a bit much to me. A TC(or any other crewman) shouldn't be worth 1/5 of the Tiger.

Perhaps this will be reviewed with 1:1 modelling where CMx2 would no doubt be better at keeping track of crewmen so probably could deal better with their worth when lost too.