Is it a bird ? Is it a plane ? No , it's a review !

Salkin

Just in time for Christmas (not)!

Sounds to me like this guy doesn't know history from a hole in the ground. The game could've been set on Mars for all he knew of the context. Still, it appears we've got a 'shooter game' guy mildly interested in tactical simulation. That's no mean feat. 'Shooter' gameplayers aren't exactly into thinking for recreation ;) .

Just in time for Christmas (not)!

Sounds to me like this guy doesn't know history from a hole in the ground. The game could've been set on Mars for all he knew of the context. Still, it appears we've got a 'shooter game' guy mildly interested in tactical simulation. That's no mean feat. 'Shooter' gameplayers aren't exactly into thinking for recreation ;) .

Actually for someone who seems to be an FPS fan, he did give it an overall "fun" write-up. Not bad considering that he would probably rather play some Duke Nuke'Em type game.

I would think that the ratings he gave the various aspects of the game are heavily influenced by his knowledge and enthusiasm for the subject material.

He did say that this was the game he was going to get for his father so they could play via e-mail. I didn't see too much negative in this review.

Actually for someone who seems to be an FPS fan, he did give it an overall "fun" write-up. Not bad considering that he would probably rather play some Duke Nuke'Em type game.

I would think that the ratings he gave the various aspects of the game are heavily influenced by his knowledge and enthusiasm for the subject material.

He did say that this was the game he was going to get for his father so they could play via e-mail. I didn't see too much negative in this review.

Shouldn't reviewers have to be able to demonstrate that they're capable of writing before publishing a review? The fellow says, "I really don't feel like getting pummeled by a 12 year old military prodigy," yet I get the feeling he's not much older himself: 15-16 max. At one point he trips himself up with:

Relying heavily on an almost chess-like mentality, I found that this game was not to be taken lightly as it is quite difficult and not at all short.  Learning to effectively negotiate your soldiers and vehicles while launching salvos is not something that can be quickly mastered.
Egad! Where's Mr. Picky when you need him?

Sorry, but that's not a review; it's a glorified forum posting. Don't get me wrong. I like the kid and I like what he has to say. It's just that the piece isn't even edited well enough to turn in as a 9th grade book review.

Shouldn't reviewers have to be able to demonstrate that they're capable of writing before publishing a review? The fellow says, "I really don't feel like getting pummeled by a 12 year old military prodigy," yet I get the feeling he's not much older himself: 15-16 max. At one point he trips himself up with:

Relying heavily on an almost chess-like mentality, I found that this game was not to be taken lightly as it is quite difficult and not at all short.  Learning to effectively negotiate your soldiers and vehicles while launching salvos is not something that can be quickly mastered.
Egad! Where's Mr. Picky when you need him?

Sorry, but that's not a review; it's a glorified forum posting. Don't get me wrong. I like the kid and I like what he has to say. It's just that the piece isn't even edited well enough to turn in as a 9th grade book review.