Is it possible to change key configuration?

Love the game but I'm having a terrible time dealing with the default control scheme. The arrow keys inch along too slowly, and moving the mouse to the edges of the screen is at odds with the selection of units, etc. Being able to switch the zoom option to my mouse cursor would be great as well.

Is there anything that can be done about this kind of stuff?

I had the same issues when I first got the game. Now I usually click a unit and hit tab to take me to it or ctrl-click and area of the map to jump to it.

The "/" key for 180 degree turn is useful too.

CMx2 is going to have the "asd" navigation from fps's.

And while we're on the subject when oh when will supression be modelled in DoD:S? We will finally have some proper tactics possible ;) .

[ February 13, 2006, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: Other Means ]

One work around which I use on a Mac is via a shareware control panel called USB Overdrive. It allows me to map my five button scroll mouse to keyboard equivalents. this allows my scroll whell to change view elevations by scrolling up or down (euivalent to + and - on the number keypad) while my 4th and 5th buttons is zoom up and zoom down ([ and ] respectively on the keyboard). Click scroll is angle camera up and camera down. Once you use the scroll wheel to change view elevation, you will never want to go back to any other way because I can literally move around my camera just with my mouse hand and my other hand is used to give orders via keyboard (run, move, hunt, advance, etc).

The only thing is that I have never found an equivalent driver/control panel setting for Windows. (If someone knows how this can be done on the Windows please let me know). Therefore, I play all my CM on a Mac even thought I have a PC and a Mac and all versions of CM for both systems.

Cheers

Chee-Yan