An idea for MikeyD (And Other Modders)

Our new friend who was asking about the tutorial (welcome, BTW) gave me an idea. What if you, MikeyD, one of our community's best and most prolific modders, were to put his mods into little packages that could be downloaded as a group. So that one could download ALL the MikeyD Shermans in one fell swoop. Or, if you don't mind being bothered, you could e-mail them and avoid any hosting issues. I guess this might not cooperate real great with CMMOS or something (I don't know), but I think that that would be a great way for new players to quickly get lots of high-quality mods. Other modders could do this also. I just thought of MikeyD first because I did. I confess to an ulterior motive as well. I am... I'm playing a wholly unmodded CMAK. And CMBO. And I only downloaded Undaunted's new skies for CMBB. And I'm a lazy bum who doesn't want to spend a weekend at CMMODS. So... what do you think?

[ October 12, 2005, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: juan_gigante ]

Only problem is.... it would be HUGE!!! :eek:

I bundled my PzIVs and PzIIIs in pairs & threes to save downloading time but the size of just those packages made me blanch. Then the Shermans came with markings in a separate folder which practically doubled the size of each downlaod. Basically, I was afraid if I packaged too many big mods together ColumbusOHGamer would skin me alive! And I'm not clever enough to get 'em distributed without cmmods.com.

Talk about skies, you should try out my flat horizon N.A. sunny day sky.

Maybe while their at it they could drop by your place and install them for ya and make supper and wash the dishes.

Christ you should try and mod something sometime and maybe you might appreciate how much work is involved in just that alone.

My suggestion is to you, is to get onto your lazy ass and start doing some work.