**SHERMANs MkI, MkIc Hybrid Firefly mods!!**

Both these came out prettier than expected.

- Sherman MkI (75mm gun M4 mid)

- Sherman Firefly MkIc (converted from the game’s MkIIc)

At out favorite site:

www.cmmods.com

I was set to tackle the game’s MkIIc Firefly, then while reading the Mark Hayward book “Sherman Firefly” I discovered the MkIIc may never have been built! Firefly photos that proport to be IIc usually turn out to be the standard Ic Hybrid. That meant one thing - convert the game’s MkIIc into a MkIc Hybrid. I’ll let you judge the results.

I had forgot all about the workhorse Sherman MkI (M4 mid), but when I remembered I JUMPED on it! This was the perfect candidate for a typical Brit hull front covered in spare track links. I had great fun doing this mod.

Here are the cmmods.com screenshots:

Firefly Ic conversion

Sherman MkI

*Apparently* the all-cast-hull Sherman M4A1 may not have been suitable for Firefly conversion because of bulkhead placement and reduced room for ammo stowage. But there is still the rare stray document mentioning Firefly IIcs - the best explanation is that the contemporary Brits were just as liable to confusion over Sherman designations as we are now! There's been a battle over existance of the Firefly IIc for more than 30 years - since Crow & Icks included the IIc in their Brit vehicles list!

Originally posted by MikeyD:

*Apparently* the all-cast-hull Sherman M4A1 may not have been suitable for Firefly conversion because of bulkhead placement and reduced room for ammo stowage. But there is still the rare stray document mentioning Firefly IIcs - the best explanation is that the contemporary Brits were just as liable to confusion over Sherman designations as we are now! There's been a battle over existance of the Firefly IIc for more than 30 years - since Crow & Icks included the IIc in their Brit vehicles list!

Yes, I seem to recall several debates on that particular subject back on the ol' CMBO board.

Loverly work --- as always!