New Zealand Official History online

A friend sent me this link, and since it is highly relevant to this group, I will pass it on:

The Official History of New Zealand in the Second World War 1939–1945

Available online on http://www.nzetc.org/tm/scholarly/tei-corpus-WH2.html

This fifty volume series covers all areas of New Zealand's involvement in the Second World War, from detailed accounts of particular battalions, to the political and economic background and consequences, to full accounts of particular episodes and campaigns.

Thanks Tar excellent link, since as I really like the NZ Infantry arm patches of all the Commonwealth forces I go them quite a bit, this will be handy. The black and white colours look really cool, to me they feel as good as like going the SS in terms of inspiring fear in the enemy etc. That said I am an Aussie and not a particularly WASPy one at that, it feels a bit weird rooting for my little All Blacks! tongue.gif

I know how ruff and tough they are even though we've got the worst reputation, convict shame and all that. But after all isn't Russell Crowe origionally a mad New Zealander! ;)

New Zealand Official History online? Won't that all fit on a 3" by 5" card with room left over for a pseudo-Maori tattoo? :confused: :confused:

Just kidding, Mike and fellow NZers. :D:D

Any chance Whirimako Black will tour in the US?

[ July 29, 2005, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: Dave H ]

Originally posted by Zalgiris 1410:

I know how ruff and tough they are even though we've got the worst reputation, convict shame and all that. But after all isn't Russell Crowe origionally a mad New Zealander! ;)

Only when he does something bad - otherwise you say he's an aussie!!

So were Phar Lap, Split Enz and Jo Bjeklke-Peterson.........

Sir Jo Bjeklke-Peterson was origionally a Kiwi, I didn't know that so now I wish that he had stayed there, but just as with all bloody NZers who cross the Tasman he never went home! tongue.gif

I don't mind about the rest of them since I've generally only meet good Kiwis over here. That said, I was told by a few of them that the shyte stays home. :D

I am however not a NZ basher personally, I think very strongly of myself as an Australasian rather than as a dumb Aussie or as a stupid Skip in Wog terms. That said I'm fully awere that I am a Bolander and not a Pakaha. (White Australian and not a white New Zealander, how ever the Maori spell it.)

[ July 29, 2005, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Zalgiris 1410 ]