B&T team DeSaubroy (Excuse spelling)

PK

Maybe the wrong forum but anyone having trouble getting this golden oldie to work? Everytime I try to launch my PC just hangs. Most annoying as I've been enjoying the other B&T CMBO remakes.

Could anyone help me on this one. Thanks

Some of the things I guess about turn processing (either the green bar in the center of the screen dpeicting AI thoughts or the little blue bar in the lower center of the panel (doing the TacAI etc).

CM grabs all resources it can get during turn processing. Therefore ALT-TAB etc don't work.

1) find out where these bars are. Especially the blue one is tiny. But it is the only thing that shows you CM is still doing its work. I have a PBEM where it takes up to 15 minutes to crunch the numbers (10000 pts each in the desert). The blue bar might hang for 2-3 minutes sometimes. Patience!

2) If there is arty - like prep barrages - it takes very long to calc smoke or dust. Probably cause LOS calcs are the most complex ones.

3) Units reacting to threats add additional calc time. Arty that hits their positions, Hunt or MoveToContact take time

4) Dust of any kind takes time

5) Lots of units take time

6) Lots of open space take time

Gruß

Joachim

Originally posted by Kingfish:

Where in the Op does it hang? Setup, or during a movie file? What are your system specs?

Thanks for replies guys. The op hangs when I try and launch it from the operations menu. I double click on battle in question and that's it, the computer hangs. and you don't evan get to see the Operation introduction text.

The machine is Win XP 3.2gig CPU 1 gig of ram and loads of HD space. It's an alienware pc and all the other big ops run OK when launched. I downloaded the OP from the B&T website.