Pimp my TNT-chucking ride, it's the Cheery Waffle Thread

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was just a game of dice rolls - how was I to know that charging a dozen vanilla Shermans agaisnt a Tiger & 2 P-4's would result in 11 dead Shermans!! :(

Originally posted by Mike:

It was just a game of dice rolls - how was I to know that charging a dozen vanilla Shermans agaisnt a Tiger & 2 P-4's would result in 11 dead Shermans!! :(

So nobody ever explained to you that charging Shermans have about a ZERO percent chance of hitting anything, while the German tanks can sit still and calmly pick them off? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think I played that scenario against the suave Teddy Windsor. It's a tough battle for the Americans.

Think my new GF thread about robotic camel jockies can avoid the dreaded padlock of doom for a few hours? :D:D

I finally posted a few times on the linked political forum. BIG MISTAKE!! Dalem is the voice of moderation over there. The forum administrators will not tolerate any views that don't mirror their own. I can live without their personal abuse, and I'm sure they'll be happier without me, too. :eek: :eek:

Shows how much you know AITCH - his tanks were all dead too....... tongue.gif

But Dalem as a moderator?? That's like....just wierd!!

Shows how much you know AITCH - his tanks were all dead too....... tongue.gif

But Dalem as a moderator?? That's like....just wierd!!

If I remember the scenario, without the Shermans there's not much chance for the American infantry to root out the Germans. There were lots of walls for defenders to hide behind and cut infantry to shreds. :eek:

I didn't mean to imply dalem was one of the moderators. He was the only forum member to express his disagreement to a "Senior Member" who started with a personal insult right off the bat. I really appreciated that, because dalem and I have our disagreements before, too. One of the forum moderators started the thread that I made my first post in. I think I'll try attending white-supremacist militia meetings and KKK rallies from now on; I'd expect to meet a more open-minded group of people there. :eek: :eek: :eek:

lol - and you got the wrong scenario - this one has a dozen Kiwi Shermans & 2 recon platoons attacking a company of Germans Fallschirmjager & the 3 tanks.

lol - and you got the wrong scenario - this one has a dozen Kiwi Shermans & 2 recon platoons attacking a company of Germans Fallschirmjager & the 3 tanks.

Is that the one with the Allied ACs starting on the road in full view of the German tanks? It's been a while, this may have been NZ troops instead of Americans. My Shermans took a worse beating from the German infantry than from the German armor. :eek: :eek:

Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

:mad: GARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGG! :mad:

Same thing against Snookums. Lucky buzzards. :mad:

Well, it is your turn to pick somefink out.

I need to find somefink to play against Kiwi Mike. I had better luck against him in our last match.

Bwaahaa! I got the Bananastandi victory! You got the Bananastandi loss. Bwaahaa again! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Dave H:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mike:

Is that the one with the Allied ACs starting on the road in full view of the German tanks? It's been a while, this may have been NZ troops instead of Americans. My Shermans took a worse beating from the German infantry than from the German armor. :eek: :eek: </font>

Originally posted by Snarker:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

:mad: GARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGG! :mad:

Same thing against Snookums. Lucky buzzards. :mad:

Well, it is your turn to pick somefink out.

I need to find somefink to play against Kiwi Mike. I had better luck against him in our last match.

Bwaahaa! I got the Bananastandi victory! You got the Bananastandi loss. Bwaahaa again! :mad: :mad: :mad: </font>

<font size=5 font color=orange>G<font color=yellow>o<font color=red>o<font color=purple>d <font color=green>F<font color=white>r<font color=yellow>i<font color=orange>d<font color=purple>a<font color=red>y <font color=white>M<font color=green>o<font color=purple>r<font color=green>n<font color=white>i<font color=orange>n<font color=yellow>g, <font color=red>W<font color=purple>a<font color=green>f<font color=white>f<font color=yellow>l<font color=orange>e<font color=purple>m<font color=red>a<font color=white>g<font color=green>g<font color=purple>o<font color=green>t<font color=white>s<font color=orange>!<font color=yellow>!</font>

<font size=3 font color=yellow>So far it's been a gorgeous April this year. Day after day of sunshine and warm temperatures, with cool clear nights. Low humidity. Pleasant breezes. Maybe not perfect, but within shouting distance. :D

<font color=black>Then we get to this weekend, which is Thunder Over Louisville, the big air show and fireworks extravaganza to kick off the Kentucky Derby festival. <font color=blue>This morning it's raining. The high temperature today isn't expected to top 50 degrees. Later today we're supposed to get some heavier rain. <font color=white>Then the temperature will drop. The prediction for Saturday night includes snow flurries. :eek:

<font color=black>If I was one of the organizers I'd be ready to jump off a bridge. But I'm not, so instead I will stay inside where it's warm and try to play CM - <font color=red>if Mace ever sends another turn! :mad: :mad:

<font color=black>Taxes are over and I have time for some PBEM again, so which maggots are ready for a beatdown? Come on you pitiful slugs, don't all of you slither away. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

PS. I managed to lose all of my e-mail contact information switching to Windows XP, so I only have what's in your profiles. If you use a different address for turns, send me an e-mail with the correct address.

Well gang. I've been quiet the last week or so, because I was preparing for a job interview this morning.

The job is for manager of public and government affairs with the Canadian Automobile Association. One of my former co-workers took a job there and loves it.

So the interview was three hours (!). I'm pretty wiped now. I need a nap. Then, a couple of pints and the pub with dad, then home (n.b Watson & Crick ) and then I'll tell you more about it.

So my turn rate should improve too. And, fortunately for all of you scumbags, my posting rate will return to normal.

Bask in the glory that is _Axe_!!!

P.S. You should be horsewhipped for that seizure-inducing post Dave :mad: :mad: :mad:

ZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZ

Originally posted by _Axe_:

Well gang. I've been quiet the last week or so, because I was preparing for a job interview this morning.

The job is for manager of public and government affairs with the Canadian Automobile Association. One of my former co-workers took a job there and loves it.

Is that because Canada only has a few miles of paved roads? I imagine the Canadian Dogsled Association has lots more work. :D

So the interview was three hours (!). I'm pretty wiped now. I need a nap. Then, a couple of pints and the pub with dad, then home (n.b Watson & Crick ) and then I'll tell you more about it.
So three hours of incisive questions like "Want a job, eh?" That would wear anyone out. :D

So my turn rate should improve too. And, fortunately for all of you scumbags, my posting rate will return to normal.

That's just cruel. :mad:

P.S. You should be horsewhipped for that seizure-inducing post Dave :mad: :mad: :mad:

ZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZ

Just getting into the fireworks spirit, maggot. How's your PBEM schedule right now? Ready for another round of CMBB or CMAK?

Oh, and thanks for the kind words Sergei!! Anything for our friends in the Arctic Circle. You haven't seen that uber-Finn Keke's carcass around anywhere, have you?

Originally posted by _Axe_:

Sweeeet! So you'll be able to cut me a deal on my membership? Buddy? Ole pal? Ole friend o' mine?

<font size=1> ...if you know what's good for you.. </font>

:mad: :mad:

Originally posted by PseudoSimonds:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by _Axe_:

Sweeeet! So you'll be able to cut me a deal on my membership? Buddy? Ole pal? Ole friend o' mine?

:mad: :mad: </font>

Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by PseudoSimonds:

Originally posted by PseudoSimonds:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by PseudoSimonds:

Originally posted by Dave H:

Is that because Canada only has a few miles of paved roads? I imagine the Canadian Dogsled Association has lots more work. :D

So three hours of incisive questions like "Want a job, eh?" That would wear anyone out. :D

That's just cruel. :mad:

ZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZ

Just getting into the fireworks spirit, maggot. How's your PBEM schedule right now? Ready for another round of CMBB or CMAK?

</font>

So, you may be wondering, why I applied for the job.

I've been a reporter for the last seven years, won five national awards and am being groomed for an editor's position.

However---the editors in our division have been hanging onto their jobs like grim death. Since I started, only two positions have come open, both of them less than a year after I started.

The experience level? 30+, 26, 14, 12, 7 years for each of the editors' position. They aren't going anywhere soon.

Plus, the salary (not that money has anything to do with it) is double at this position!

So I spent three hours at the interview and the director who conducted the second part spent 30 more minutes with me, despite having an 11 a.m. interview. Then he walked me down two floors to the front door.

Good sign?

I hope so. Stay tuned. They said no more than two weeks to the final decision.

Best of all, it's a new position. That way they can't say, "The last guy here did....."

Of course, I can't fall back on the "It was like that when I got here" defence. :D