In the Forum the Fools Come and Go, Talking of Challenges to Peng, You Know

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're a grad student, right? Here's a research project for you. Use the 'search' function and find a proper set of the rules. Then figure out which very important rule you violated.

Sheesh, SSNs these days. Confucious said, if I give him a corner he should be able to come back with the whole cloth. Nowadays you give them a sewing machine and they stink of fish for a month.

Edit: so here's your 'corner of cloth'. Archive 3, 2001, search term 'oogah'.

[ May 07, 2004, 04:40 AM: Message edited by: CMplayer ]

Originally posted by CMplayer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Therefore ... The SSN known as Parebellum (spelt but not bolded) is now and shall be considered a Serf of the CessPool.

Stop!

His elevation to Serf is not valid. In spite of Joe's notorious pedantry the name of the candidate is not correctly spelt. It should be 'Para-' not 'Pare-'.

Until such time as the error is corrected Parabellum's status is SSN with all that that entails. </font>

CMplayer

Right, rules. Of course, even deviants have to have rules. I found the rules after you posted this:

"See what happens when Seanachai is allowed to post the rules?"

One step behind you.

You're right, soon I'll have my PhD (Pilled higher and Deeper degree). From Sweden? I was in Sweden at a conference at the Kristinegerb Marine Research Station at Fiskebackskil in October 03. Sweden is a beautiful country.

Ah, now let me blind you with my wit you damn Swede!!!

And, this is not a "personal prejudice" against Swedes. Just to quote one of the rules. Just a joke. Keep up CMplayer. i.e., "right, the clique".

Again, sarcasm isn't the lowest form of humor

Cheers,

J

Well, another leak in the fabric of the universe has allowed a substance abuser into the pool. Of course, the substance would be those particles sloshing around in it's head.

So...........

Since Old Foul Joe isn't around to point out the obvious.... no e-mail... ignore it.

Noba.

(Not our fault if it can't read and react to REAL rules)

Originally posted by Noba:

Since Old Foul Joe isn't around to point out the obvious.... no e-mail... ignore it.

I'm obliged to point out that the entity in question did provide the address to its petri dish at the top of this page.

Not to defend the icthumous growth, of course; I just think you're overstepping your bounds, Noba.

Yep, I didn't read the rules before I posted my original post in this thread. I've read them now. Can we move on from this? Whatever. In anycase, I'm here to jaw with some fun people. Let it be that.

While I have no idea of what to make of your italics CMplayer (in response to "like fish"), I'm not an organismal biologist--there's a setup for some jokes. Or should I explain what biochemistry is. Nope, that's pretty boring. Let's just have fun guys. I'm kind of getting the feeling that there's a little animosity here. Is there not enougth room in this thread for a little for more wit and funny commentary? :confused:

J

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Noba:

I'm obliged to point out that the entity in question did provide the address to its petri dish at the top of this page.

Not to defend the icthumous growth, of course; I just think you're overstepping your bounds, Noba. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Biochem can be fun:

I was in Sweden at a conference at the Kristinegerb Marine Research Station at Fiskebackskil in October 03.

Do you, umm, like fish? redface.gif </font>

Originally posted by Biochem can be fun:

Alright deviants, I'm breaking into the Peng thread. What do you have to say about that? Anyone want to play a PBEM game? Just to make you feel better about it, it will be my first PBEM CM game--so, you pick the game (CMBO, CMBB, or CMAK), map, and force strength--and then kick my ass--or will you? I figure you can't talk to much s**t about my ability until you've beat me.

sagert@lifesci.ucsb.edu

Cheers to cold beer(s),

J

Someone's gonna get emails about breast enlargements...